TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Vancouver Service Centre - top notch as usual

Discussion in 'Canada' started by richrootes, Aug 10, 2017.

1. richrootes

richrootes Member

Just had an issue with my S and received sterling service from the 4th street Service Centre in Vancouver - always professional and thorough

Katrina on the service desk has left some big shoes to fill, but the new guys took care of everything for me

It always pains me when I see some of the posts about centres down in the USA not living up to expectations, so it's time we started giving credit where it's due - thanks, Vancouver team!

• Like x 3
  2. Struja

Struja Member

I had my first experience a few weeks ago at my SC in Mississauga and I echo your thoughts.

I am a former Lexus owner and always loved the treatment I got from Lexus. My first experience at Tesla was right on par with Lexus which is about as high praise I can give.

• Like x 1
  3. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

I dropped off mine Tuesday evening, I was given an X loaner as I am familiar with its drive, so thoughtful. We drove in at 415 transferred all our luggage and were back on road continuing our vacation. Excellent service.
    Have to see if all the problems are fixed along with annual service.

• Like x 1
  4. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Agreed. Top notch service -- ever since Powell St and now in Kits. I do miss the old days when they picked up and drop off my car from my office for annual service -- and fixed a door handle in my parking lot -- but I knew that couldn't last forever.

• Helpful x 1
  5. Lon12

Lon12 Member

Just had my S in for service in Vancouver. Amazing care and attention to detail as usual. Car was clean and no new finger prints anywhere. I guess it helps when they don't have to deal with engine oil. :p
    Bonus was I got to drive a new X for the day. Kids loved it!

• Like x 1
  6. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

An X loaner from Vancouver service centre -- that's great news! I need to get my car into service!

7. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Have booked annual maintenance next week and hoping to get the X loaner too! The boys will love getting picked up from school with it. Pretty sure they'll want to show off the FWD.

8. SSD420

SSD420 Member

@yz778 I think would disasagree about that SC. From what I hear, there are several issues with that SC

9. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Is Mark Lidstone still there? He used to service my Roadster when he was a Ranger working out of the Mississauga SC...always had top notch service from him!

10. dasRad

dasRad Member

Mark is still there and in charge of service (for all of western Canada I believe). It's just that the facility is a little overwhelmed by the demand at times. The new service centre was crowded and busy almost from the day it opened.

Mark was up in Penticton a month or so ago for a test drive/owners event and talked about plans to base a mobile equiped tech in Kelowna to ease demand on the Vancouver service centre. That and eliminate the requirement for Okanagan owners to travel to Vancouver for most any service short of main battery replacement or drive replacement. Sounded like the current stumbling blocks were recruitment and training of techs and outfitting a (near) full service truck and trailer.

• Informative x 2
  11. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

I had a few FW door issues with my X. They didn't fix 2 out 3 of my issues when I dropped it off for the day. The doors still rub paint off the wheel arches and I have a loud groan when fully opening the driver side falcon wing. The groan doesn't happen when not fully opening, so I assumed that when my X was in for the door realignment they didn't open the door fully and didn't hear the groan. The door seal they fixed started peeling off after a couple of weeks and I just put on my own double sided tape.

When I had my dual charger installed in my S last year, they dropped off my car with a nice tear on my PPF driver side door. Luckily it didn't damage the paint and they offered to pay for the PPF replacement which meant having me lose the use of my S for another 2 days while it was replaced.

Some people have good experiences, some neutral and some negative. I've experienced mainly neutral and negative so far. The techs mean well, but they are so busy and short staffed in Vancouver and I can't see it getting better with the 3 coming out next year.

• Informative x 2
  12. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

Had to bring in my S this week to fix the dreaded door handle failire on my front driver side door. Handle failed on Thanksgiving day, called the Vancouver service center Tuesday, got an appointment for Friday. Dropped off my S at 8am and I received a message at 11am to pick up my S. I’m glad they had the replacement handle parts in stock as I was tired of opening the driver’s window from the passenger side so that I could open my door. Chalk one up for a positive experience at the Vancouver SvC.

13. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

One minor complaint I have is during the annual maintenance I asked them to centre the steering wheel as it was slightly off centre to the left, not a big deal but it bugged me.

Good news, the wheel no longer “leans”to the left, but it’s still not centred and leans to the right now :confused: