Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver Service Centre - top notch as usual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had an issue with my S and received sterling service from the 4th street Service Centre in Vancouver - always professional and thorough

Katrina on the service desk has left some big shoes to fill, but the new guys took care of everything for me

It always pains me when I see some of the posts about centres down in the USA not living up to expectations, so it's time we started giving credit where it's due - thanks, Vancouver team!

Just had an issue with my S and received sterling service from the 4th street Service Centre in Vancouver - always professional and thorough

Katrina on the service desk has left some big shoes to fill, but the new guys took care of everything for me

It always pains me when I see some of the posts about centres down in the USA not living up to expectations, so it's time we started giving credit where it's due - thanks, Vancouver team!
@yz778 I think would disasagree about that SC. From what I hear, there are several issues with that SC

Is Mark Lidstone still there? He used to service my Roadster when he was a Ranger working out of the Mississauga SC...always had top notch service from him!
Mark is still there and in charge of service (for all of western Canada I believe). It's just that the facility is a little overwhelmed by the demand at times. The new service centre was crowded and busy almost from the day it opened.

Mark was up in Penticton a month or so ago for a test drive/owners event and talked about plans to base a mobile equiped tech in Kelowna to ease demand on the Vancouver service centre. That and eliminate the requirement for Okanagan owners to travel to Vancouver for most any service short of main battery replacement or drive replacement. Sounded like the current stumbling blocks were recruitment and training of techs and outfitting a (near) full service truck and trailer.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff and Canuck
I had a few FW door issues with my X. They didn't fix 2 out 3 of my issues when I dropped it off for the day. The doors still rub paint off the wheel arches and I have a loud groan when fully opening the driver side falcon wing. The groan doesn't happen when not fully opening, so I assumed that when my X was in for the door realignment they didn't open the door fully and didn't hear the groan. The door seal they fixed started peeling off after a couple of weeks and I just put on my own double sided tape.

When I had my dual charger installed in my S last year, they dropped off my car with a nice tear on my PPF driver side door. Luckily it didn't damage the paint and they offered to pay for the PPF replacement which meant having me lose the use of my S for another 2 days while it was replaced.

Some people have good experiences, some neutral and some negative. I've experienced mainly neutral and negative so far. The techs mean well, but they are so busy and short staffed in Vancouver and I can't see it getting better with the 3 coming out next year.

Had to bring in my S this week to fix the dreaded door handle failire on my front driver side door. Handle failed on Thanksgiving day, called the Vancouver service center Tuesday, got an appointment for Friday. Dropped off my S at 8am and I received a message at 11am to pick up my S. I’m glad they had the replacement handle parts in stock as I was tired of opening the driver’s window from the passenger side so that I could open my door. Chalk one up for a positive experience at the Vancouver SvC.

One minor complaint I have is during the annual maintenance I asked them to centre the steering wheel as it was slightly off centre to the left, not a big deal but it bugged me.

Good news, the wheel no longer “leans”to the left, but it’s still not centred and leans to the right now :confused:

+1 negative experience - I was trying to order a set of TPMS sensors to Victoria for my winter wheels & tires. Nobody answers the phones in the parts dept and nobody returned my voice mails. I just gave up after a few days. Still trying to figure out a plan b for my tire appt on Monday. Pretty disappointing

I’d keep trying
+1 negative experience - I was trying to order a set of TPMS sensors to Victoria for my winter wheels & tires. Nobody answers the phones in the parts dept and nobody returned my voice mails. I just gave up after a few days. Still trying to figure out a plan b for my tire appt on Monday. Pretty disappointing

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. I have had times when someone answered the phone right away in parts/service and most of the times when nobody gets back to me for a day or two. Try calling the local tire shops to see if they can source a set for you. Maybe try calling someone in sales at Tesla and ask to talk to someone in parts directly...you never know if they are sending a ranger over to the Island today or tomorrow who can drop off the sensors to you.

Last edited:
I’d keep trying

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. I have had times when someone answered the phone right away in parts/service and most of the times when nobody gets back to me for a day or two. Try calling the local tire shops to see if they can source a set for you. Maybe try calling someone in sales at Tesla and ask to talk to someone in parts directly...you never know if they are sending a ranger over to the Island today or tomorrow who can drop off the sensors to you.

You are right, I should have been a little more persistent in trying to get ahold of them!

Apparently there was a problem with their voicemail system sending voice messages for the parts dept to a place where nobody could check them. Everything is all good now, they also went the extra mile to overnight ship the sensors to ensure I get them in time! Big thanks to Mark @ Tesla for sorting this out for me.

I did originally buy a set of Continental TPMS off ebay that were supposed to be OEM, but the seller contacted me asking me to send them back because he was "mislead" by his suppliers. After doing more research, the part numbers weren't even right on the sensors, but it kind of put me in a bit of a bind at the last minute.

Reactions: richrootes
Went in for my "uncorking" this last Tuesday after having been told via email from headquarters that I was eligible for uncorking. After about an hour in the shop I was notified that it could not be done. Upon my return to the shop I was told by Kim that they have had trouble with uncorking... some work, some don't. Maybe, just maybe, I could have been warned that the procedure might not work and I might have put it off until success was a given. I was told some BS that it could have something to do with the car build date. I said that was a myth.

Seems if you want to know what is going on with Tesla products you have to visit TMC on a daily basis.

Reactions: Hugh Mannity