Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Canuck, welcome to the forum and community!

Good that you are planning to get 85 w/ twin chargers. In Canada, SCH's network makes this really useful. There is a 70A SCH charge station in Hope, with easy access to the Crowsnest, and lots of restaurants close by. You should probably plan to make a one hour stop there to get a 45-50 mile "buffet" of charge, especially in cold or bad weather. Tesla plans to put a supercharger in Hope next year, so that one hour stop will become 15 minutes eventually.

Don't sweat the small stuff! You will enjoy road-tripping the car SO much, these little charging breaks will fade to insignificance once you are used to the electric rhythm.

Just heard from a business acquaintance in the area The Tesla store will be at 929 Robson Street in the location being vacated by H2O plus No timeline known

Sound like we should know more at the end of January. There is a Tesla owner's meeting getting setup at the service centre in Vancouver on Jan 30th and from the email I got this is on the agenda:

Just a few of the agenda items:
- Supercharger Rally: Squamish
- Owner’s Event: Robson Street Store Opening

Of course one could argue that for Jan 24-26 the Vancouver store temporarily moved to Victoria in front of the Empress Hotel, for a test drive event.

Pics from the event today:
VicTestDriveEvent-1.jpg
VicTestDriveEvent-2.jpg

This one is Victoria's mayor being interviewed by the local TV station in one of the owners' cars that were there (ok, well, they borrowed mine).
VicTestDriveEvent-3.jpg

I met two other Victoria owners today; Michael (sig red) and Craig (black). The Vancouver staff were completely busy with test drives all day and I heard there was such demand there may be another smaller event next weekend. The news report was a reasonable overview of going electric, showed the availability of chargers in Victoria and did mention the model E, quoting Elon as the car Tesla always wanted to make, "for $35,000". The mayor was supportive of electric in general.

Attachments

• VicTestDriveEvent-5.jpg
    VicTestDriveEvent-5.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 216
just checked this thread..and found there is an event this weekend in Victoria???!!!?? As a model x reservation holder, would of been nice to possibly be contacted about that. :frown:

vger, i have read your blog entry about your road trip to Tofino. Have you driven from Victoria to Tofino in your S yet? If so did you make it in one charge?

just checked this thread..and found there is an event this weekend in Victoria???!!!?? :frown:

Today (Sunday) until 1pm too at the Empress. Also note the "Return of the Electric Car" night Fri Jan 31 at the Victoria Royals' hockey game. Cars from many dealers will be on display, various EV-related prizes throughout the game, etc. They're playing Vancouver so let the rivalries commence!

just checked this thread..and found there is an event this weekend in Victoria???!!!?? As a model x reservation holder, would of been nice to possibly be contacted about that. :frown:

vger, i have read your blog entry about your road trip to Tofino. Have you driven from Victoria to Tofino in your S yet? If so did you make it in one charge?

If you did not make it down this weekend, they are looking at doing an overflow event next weekend. Call Robin and get yourself a test drive! Having ridden in the X prototype, test driving a Model S will give you an 80% sense of what the Model X experience will be. Worth doing!

Thanks for the comment on our Roadster blog. I met two owners yesterday at the event that told me that blog was what convinced them to buy Tesla. So happy about that! We have not done the trip all the way from Victoria. It might be a bit of a stretch on one charge, especially in bad weather. But there is now a Sun Country 70A charger station in Port Alberni, which is ideally situated for an insurance charge of even just 1/2 hour, if you are running behind on your range. I've done that in our Roadster.

If you want to read another one of our adventures, see here: To Boldly Go Where No EV Has Gone Before - Blogs - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Thanks for posting the link Vger...very interesting road trip and very well written!

If you did not make it down this weekend, they are looking at doing an overflow event next weekend. Call Robin and get yourself a test drive! Having ridden in the X prototype, test driving a Model S will give you an 80% sense of what the Model X experience will be. Worth doing!

Thanks for the comment on our Roadster blog. I met two owners yesterday at the event that told me that blog was what convinced them to buy Tesla. So happy about that! We have not done the trip all the way from Victoria. It might be a bit of a stretch on one charge, especially in bad weather. But there is now a Sun Country 70A charger station in Port Alberni, which is ideally situated for an insurance charge of even just 1/2 hour, if you are running behind on your range. I've done that in our Roadster.

If you want to read another one of our adventures, see here: To Boldly Go Where No EV Has Gone Before - Blogs - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Thanks for the response. I did read about your other trip..and have added it to my list of things to do!...great write up and great pics.