Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver to Alberta Trip Planning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree that the range estimator is off by about 10% on that stretch (I'd say maybe a hair over 10% off). With a P85+ on 19" wheels I have no trouble setting the cruise control at 10 over the limit on that stretch, but I'd be very reluctant to drive at that same speed in anything with any less range, and I always make sure to have as much buffer as I can for that stretch of road.
On the bright side, once you get up and walk around, Hope is actually a nice little town to spend an hour in while charging, if you have kids there's a really nice playground only a block or 2 away, and there are lots of nice little shops for adults to wander through.
You must work part time for the Hope tourist board. :)

You must work part time for the Hope tourist board. :)
lol, not exactly, but I do try to make the most of any supercharger stop. No point sitting in the car twiddling my thumbs the whole time. I always try to explore and see what's nearby, especially at chargers I'm likely to visit on a relatively frequent basis.
Not to mention, with a toddler, finding the nearest playground is almost essential!
I find when you stop at the Hope charger and just look around it initially appears to be in a nothing area, but it's actually only a block or 2 from a really nice area, just don't be discouraged by your initial scan of the area from the supercharger parking lot.

lol, not exactly, but I do try to make the most of any supercharger stop. No point sitting in the car twiddling my thumbs the whole time. I always try to explore and see what's nearby, especially at chargers I'm likely to visit on a relatively frequent basis.
Not to mention, with a toddler, finding the nearest playground is almost essential!
I find when you stop at the Hope charger and just look around it initially appears to be in a nothing area, but it's actually only a block or 2 from a really nice area, just don't be discouraged by your initial scan of the area from the supercharger parking lot.

Good to know about the playground nearby as we always have a seven year old and a three year old in the car. That said, by time we get them through a meal at Rolly's, it is generally time to go. In case we don't take that long, however, which direction is it from the Supercharger?

Good to know about the playground nearby as we always have a seven year old and a three year old in the car. That said, by time we get them through a meal at Rolly's, it is generally time to go. In case we don't take that long, however, which direction is it from the Supercharger?
It's NE of the supercharger (Wallace st and 3rd Ave), it's called "memorial park" and it's a nice playground with public washrooms, picnic tables, a large open field for sports, and a treed area. (there's also an L2 charger at the park)

Reactions: cmt489