Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vancouver, WA - NE Vancouver Mall Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at the mall today and got some photos. Looks like about half the pedestals are installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20200207_120748856_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200207_120748856_HDR.jpg
    991.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20200207_120754812_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200207_120754812_HDR.jpg
    999.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20200207_120807535_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200207_120807535_HDR.jpg
    956.4 KB · Views: 66
Kind of interesting that’s they’re putting V3 instead of urban in there.

PS: have there been any urban installations lately? Seems like all the locations that make sense for urban (Ex. Abbotsford) are V3

Why would you want A urban charger compared to a V3? Just curious

back when urban chargers were introduced, they were supposed to be as an option for people who don’t heave access to highly power. Which only makes sense in densely populated areas such as this location. Lower power means less impact on the battery and cheaper install.

back when urban chargers were introduced, they were supposed to be as an option for people who don’t heave access to highly power. Which only makes sense in densely populated areas such as this location. Lower power means less impact on the battery and cheaper install.

I think the main point was cheaper to install, more predictable, and longer charging times for when you are going to a store/restaurant, etc.

Wow I’ve never heard of someone wanting longer charging times in public charging! I get where you are coming from but Besides for battery health and cost of install (which is how much different? ) I think the V3s are the best way to go about this fast growing market.

I am now wondering if all these model 3s being sold and now with the model y, then cybertruck, What is the charging infrastructure going to look like in 10 years...

Wow I’ve never heard of someone wanting longer charging times in public charging! I get where you are coming from but Besides for battery health and cost of install (which is how much different? ) I think the V3s are the best way to go about this fast growing market.

I am now wondering if all these model 3s being sold and now with the model y, then cybertruck, What is the charging infrastructure going to look like in 10 years...

I've often wanted a little bit slower charging. Right now many of my supercharger visits aren't long enough to go grab a meal somewhere (besides fast food). I wouldn't mind a predictable 60 to 70 minute charge at some locations... BUT I totally get wanting fast charging for when you just want in and back out on your trip. It would be nice if we got 6 or 8 V3 stations and ~10 Urban chargers at locations like malls and stuff.

Though I thought this location was going to include destination chargers as well? That would totally work for a meal or something. Supercharge for 10 minutes and gain back 15 to 20kWh and then plug into a destination charger for an hour to gain another 6.5kWh or so. That would be a nice dinner stop or movie stop....