Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vancouver, WA - NE Vancouver Mall Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visited today. Guy pulling wires says "3 weeks". No power from utility or main transformer on site. Was yelled at for taking photo of cabinet guts.
IMG_20200218_150421203_HDR.jpg

The parking lot layout will require some serious parking skills to plug in. Looks like one would pull in like the rest of traffic then back up with a very sharp multipoint turn. Makes it even more difficult if the other parking spots around are occupied

Ya, I’m really surprised they didn’t change the lines for those chargers. I suspect most Tesla owners will go down “the wrong way” so they can go past an empty stall a little and then just back up into the spot.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I think that you would drive into the row from the right side of the picture above, then simply back into the stall you want. No 3-point turn required.
Ya... but now you're the dick going down the wrong way. If there are cars parked opposite the superchargers that are pulling out, they will back out of their spot and then proceed up that lane (exit toward the right of that picture) just as you're coming DOWN that lane (from the right). There won't be enough room for both cars to go by each other (if people are parking at the supercharger and the spaced across the lane from them). Then it'll be a stand off of who backs up first to let the other person by... and 100% you, the Tesla driver, will NOT be in the right since you're going down the lane incorrectly.

I think that you would drive into the row from the right side of the picture above, then simply back into the stall you want. No 3-point turn required.
No, you've got it backwards. They are going to restripe the parking lines so that the supercharger stalls are angled to the right instead of to the left like they are now. It'll be like a 60 degree rotation counterclockwise. I.e. instead of the parking lines on both sides of the driving aisle meeting in a V if they were continued into the middle, they are going to point at each other and would make a straight line. It will still be a one-way aisle and all cars will enter from the same side, regardless of whether they're wanting to use the superchargers or just park in a normal stall. In order to use the superchargers, cars will enter from the left, drive past the empty supercharger stall, and then back up into it. This is a parking layout that they have used a few times in other locations, but it is pretty rare. Tesla usually puts up signs showing how people are supposed to do it to help people figure it out. Below is a picture of one from Santa Monica, CA that shows the sign and explains how it works:

35cf9b41-65fd-49bd-a6e7-e76d92edc7e3-jpeg.355162

The pedestals are angled in a way that cars can back in from either 45 degree direction. If they restripe, cars would just back in to where the face of the pedestal faces the side of the car.
Ah I see your point. Now that I look at it the pedestals are in the middle of the existing parking spot, not offset to the side like always. I guess that’s the indication that those spots will get restriped :)

anyone have a list of other Supercharger locations that also have Destination Chargers? I have heard of them doing this at some, but can't recall where any of those are (specifically wondering if any of the I-5 California stations have a this setup)

anyone have a list of other Supercharger locations that also have Destination Chargers? I have heard of them doing this at some, but can't recall where any of those are (specifically wondering if any of the I-5 California stations have a this setup)
I see this often at places that also have a Tesla showroom (usually the destination chargers are for showroom use only). Washington Square Mall in Lake Oswego Oregon is one example of that, but I have seen others as well.

I see this often at places that also have a Tesla showroom (usually the destination chargers are for showroom use only). Washington Square Mall in Lake Oswego Oregon is one example of that, but I have seen others as well.
Santana Row in San Jose, CA is this way. Showroom and demo car parking/charging on main level, then superchargers and destination chargers on the 4th floor. Santana Row also has a valet with dedicated superchargers and destination chargers.

Reactions: JamesBond