Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouverites looking into Ceramic or Xpel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is a bit off topic for this particular thread, but does anyone know of a good shop in the Kelowna area for getting ceramic coating and/or PPF?
Just to follow up on my own post - I ended up going with Okanagan Detailing. They are certified Opti-Coat Pro installers and the owner, NIck, did an AMAZING job! I got PPF on the front bumper (which is actually done by Solartech) and Opti-Coat Pro Plus (7 year). I definitely recommend them for anyone looking for these services in the Kelowna area.

Hey Everyone!

So I wound up getting PPF & Ceramic coating on my Model 3 AWD; I didn't get full coverage, but instead got a full front, rocker panels and full rear bumper.

I got all of this done by Ken @ Autowerkes in Maple Ridge. Someone already posted a video that Model3Man did when he got his cat done by Ken earlier in this thread and that video got me interested in his services, knowing that my co-worker had both of his Porsche's done made the decision an easy one.

I dropped my car off on Monday and got it back today and it looks amazing; I was expecting to see some seams, but everything was perfectly wrapped!

Ken was great throughout the entire process, and even offered me a courtesy car.

If you're interested in getting your car done, I would give Ken some serious consideration, but be warned he's busy (when I dropped my car off he was finishing a M3P and when I picked up today he was working on a Model 3 with another one sitting in the lot) and because of that I had to deal with some rock chips before I could get protected because I waited a few weeks but it was well worth the wait.

I'll definitely be a repeat customer.

Attachments

• IMG_20181116_183917.jpg
    IMG_20181116_183917.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: fidodido
My dashcam and radar detector installer helped me plastidip withsatin black the mirrors and door trim along with installing the 4 Blackvues and ALP/Beltronics detector. These are just pics my installer sent me and it’s off to PH Solar next for 50% tint and full XPEL ppf with carbon fiber wrap on door handles and turn signals. I have a TSportline matte carbon fiber spoiler ready for install after ppf, so the Tesla one will be for sale when I get a notice the bagdes and spoiler are ready. The 19” metallic grey TST wheels and Nokian R3’s are on the 3 already too. Will update when my build is done.

Attachments

• F037D318-5256-4D48-A9BA-1A8DA9FBEBDC.jpeg
    F037D318-5256-4D48-A9BA-1A8DA9FBEBDC.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 011CFA8C-DEB6-42A1-9763-4056C3349698.jpeg
    011CFA8C-DEB6-42A1-9763-4056C3349698.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 125
  • B4B1E4F7-4BD6-488D-9027-9AE7656F2DBB.jpeg
    B4B1E4F7-4BD6-488D-9027-9AE7656F2DBB.jpeg
    488.3 KB · Views: 128
My dashcam and radar detector installer helped me plastidip withsatin black the mirrors and door trim along with installing the 4 Blackvues and ALP/Beltronics detector. These are just pics my installer sent me and it’s off to PH Solar next for 50% tint and full XPEL ppf with carbon fiber wrap on door handles and turn signals. I have a TSportline matte carbon fiber spoiler ready for install after ppf, so the Tesla one will be for sale when I get a notice the bagdes and spoiler are ready. The 19” metallic grey TST wheels and Nokian R3’s are on the 3 already too. Will update when my build is done.

Why do you prefer the T sport line spoiler over the TESLA spoiler?

Why do you prefer the T sport line spoiler over the TESLA spoiler?

Because of the TSportline one is a matte finish and it wraps around the edge of the trunk...not sure if the Tesla spoiler is a semi-gloss or matte finish. Plus, I like being a little bit different than what everyone else will eventually have when Tesla actually starts delivering the badges and spoilers. I’ll leave the badges off though.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting the full Stealth XPEL and ceramic coating for the Model 3. For the ones who already had one or the other, could you post the exact cost of each? I will probably take it to Vacnouver Clear Bra or PH Solar.
Thank you.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting the full Stealth XPEL and ceramic coating for the Model 3. For the ones who already had one or the other, could you post the exact cost of each? I will probably take it to Vacnouver Clear Bra or PH Solar.
Thank you.

I can't speak for the the results of Vancouver Clear Bra but he does his work in his condo underground parking as far as I can tell.

I went with Ken @ Autowerkes because he's done my co-worker's Porsches and before I knew thst tidbit, having a shop and seeing his attention to detail from a video by Model3Man on YouTube was enough for me.

Ken did amazing work, and I'm even taking my car back to get the bumper re-done now that I've had it repainted (someone low-speed rear ended me).

I don't think too many people have used Ken on this forum but when I dropped my car off and picked it up he was working on different Model 3s so he's done more than a few.

Hey guys, just took delivery of my M3 so I'm excited to join the family! :)

I got a few questions for ceramic coating that I'm hoping some of our vets here can answer.
  • Who did you go with to do the coating? Would you recommend?
  • How much did it cost you? (If you don't want to share publicly, please private message me).
  • How long did the process take?
Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey guys, just took delivery of my M3 so I'm excited to join the family! :)

I got a few questions for ceramic coating that I'm hoping some of our vets here can answer.
  • Who did you go with to do the coating? Would you recommend?
  • How much did it cost you? (If you don't want to share publicly, please private message me).
  • How long did the process take?
Thanks in advance for the help!
  • RDI Detailing. Yes, great communication before, during, and after the coating.
  • 1597 (medium sized car) + 100 per wheel
  • 2 days

Reactions: fidodido
Getting my Model S MSM LR soon. Does anyone in Vancouver remove everything (e.g lights, badges, etc...) so the PPF wraps behind the panels? Also all the detailers will do a thorough wash beforehand right? Want to get Xpel Stealth and window tinting. Is ceramic coating still recommended on top of PPF?

Reactions: Vancouver ClearBra
Getting my Model S MSM LR soon. Does anyone in Vancouver remove everything (e.g lights, badges, etc...) so the PPF wraps behind the panels? Also all the detailers will do a thorough wash beforehand right? Want to get Xpel Stealth and window tinting. Is ceramic coating still recommended on top of PPF?
I had mine done at Vancouver Clear Bra. Very professional. I saw many wraps around town and many times the edges looked very sloppy. With regards to ceramic coating, yes, it works very well over film too. I did it at Autowerkes in Langley. Water and dirt just slides off. Let me know if you want some pics.

Yes we remove everything and drop the bumpers down as well to wrap virtually every single edge. Ceramic coating works very well IF you will always be hand washing the Tesla and not bringing it to brushed or touchless car washes. We would be proud to help you out.

I had mine done at Vancouver Clear Bra. Very professional. I saw many wraps around town and many times the edges looked very sloppy. With regards to ceramic coating, yes, it works very well over film too. I did it at Autowerkes in Langley. Water and dirt just slides off. Let me know if you want some pics.
Appreciate you entrusting us with your Tesla. If there ever anything you need help or guidance with reach out anytime.

i'm also looking into Xpel Stealth and ceramic coating. Any recommendations would be awesome. Currently considering RDI Detailing, Unique Detailing and Vancouver Clear Bra. It might come down to availability since they seem to have quite a backlog of work.
We would be honored to help you out. We're not heavily backlogged at present, compared to other times of the year. We also have the ceramic coting bundles with the full coverage or a loaner car included in our pricing this month. Please give me a call to get set up 778-938-8057

Yes we remove everything and drop the bumpers down as well to wrap virtually every single edge. Ceramic coating works very well IF you will always be hand washing the Tesla and not bringing it to brushed or touchless car washes. We would be proud to help you out.
Any risks with removing everything and not being able to put it back properly or causing damage?