Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouverites looking into Ceramic or Xpel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. Just curious to see if anyone is looking into a ceramic coating or Xpel. The full Xpel seems cost prohibitive which is why I'm just looking at a front end treatment or a full ceramic coating. Who else is considering a similar treatment?

Any recommendations on an installer? Last but not least, I wonder if we have enough people for a certain service, perhaps we can organize a group buy / discount. Look forward to hearing from everyone!

I sent a few emails out today and should probably hear back this week. One company already got back and said there would be a discount if I booked two cars (my brother is also getting one) but if we can get multiple, I'm sure the discount would get larger. Let you know how it goes.

Do you know what the name of the actual product is and approximately how much it costs?

I put 22ple on my S over 4 years ago, and every six months since, and it still looks great:

This product is a game changer! - 22ple VX1 Pro Coating

From the places that I've emailed so far, they seem to sell different brands. After I chat with them, I'll update everyone on the price and brand. Then we can all make an informed decision and save some money at the same time.

My XPEL installer was Jurgen at Vancouver Clear Bra. He's a certified XPEL installer as shown on XPEL's own website. There were a couple of bubbling and peeling issues after the initial install but he took care of them. I got a full stealth wrap rather than a partial wrap.

I didn't bother with ceramic coating. That stuff is overpriced and you can do that easily yourself without spending obscene amounts of money.

My XPEL installer was Jurgen at Vancouver Clear Bra. He's a certified XPEL installer as shown on XPEL's own website. There were a couple of bubbling and peeling issues after the initial install but he took care of them. I got a full stealth wrap rather than a partial wrap.

I didn't bother with ceramic coating. That stuff is overpriced and you can do that easily yourself without spending obscene amounts of money.
That's great to hear. He's actually the most proactive right now and I'm going to be chatting with him today .

What's the approximate cost of ceramic coating and what's the difference between ceramic and glass coating? I did the 22ple glass coating myself and it's really easy to do, as shown in the video above. It's also about $50 an application, that lasts 6 months, which is much cheaper than a wrap, which I find to be an "obscene" amount of money. Plus, with the glass coating, it shines so much better than a plastic wrap that dulls the paint. I can't help but equate today's plastic wraps with getting in my grandfather's car as a young boy and sitting on the plastic wrapped seats. No thanks. But I would like to know the ceramic product used, how long it lasts, and the cost. Thanks.

What's the approximate cost of ceramic coating and what's the difference between ceramic and glass coating? I did the 22ple glass coating myself and it's really easy to do, as shown in the video above. It's also about $50 an application, that lasts 6 months, which is much cheaper than a wrap, which I find to be an "obscene" amount of money. Plus, with the glass coating, it shines so much better than a plastic wrap that dulls the paint. I can't help but equate today's plastic wraps with getting in my grandfather's car as a young boy and sitting on the plastic wrapped seats. No thanks. But I would like to know the ceramic product used, how long it lasts, and the cost. Thanks.
I agree that XPEL wrapping is a lot of money, but the cost to repair a chip in the paint on my previous high end cars have always been more than just replacing the part of the chipped wrap. Wrappings these days don't dull the paint from my experience. They have come a long way compared to wraps in the past. They're also much easier to clean than if the car had no wrap. Ceramic coating also doesn't protect against rock chips. It just makes the car shiny and easier to clean. The material for ceramic coating is on the order of around $200-300 depending on what you use. An orbital kit, Gyeon ceramic, prep, polish and claybar system and about 8 hours of time is what you're looking at. You would probably need to reapply it every 1-2 years depending on your preferences.

• Helpful
Reactions: dk1888
Hey guys, I've been speaking to a few outlets and some don't want to get involved in with group buys, others aren't offering any discounts, however, I spoke with a reputable place that has a lot of experience who is willing to offer a discount on the wrap plus do a ceramic coat afterwards if we want. I need at least three cars to get the discount (I already have two) and we don't all need to get the same thing. The owner said as long as I have three cars, he'll be able to do something. Seeing as though I didnt advise him I was posting on this board, if you're interested, PM me and we can discuss further details and hopefully organize something. Thanks .

I ordered a product called Crystall Serum Light and EXO V3 which goes on top of it...as shows in youtube videos it seems very easy to install and I read that almost all amateur users were happy with it . it last between 3 to 5 years ...I do hope that tesla polish the car before delivery which make it a 2 hours job done at home right after delivery

Hey Guys, I talked to Jurgen at Vancouver ClearBra and he said he has few model 3 coming in for Xpel wrap, either glossy or stealth. Does anyone planning on getting this. If you are, we can talk to him about a group pricing.

I went through this process before. I highly recommend an XPEL wrap, and I highly suggest Ronnie at PH Solar (Kingsway). Ive been to two wrap companies in Vancouver, and Ronnie does a better job with honest pricing. I’m bringing my car to him in a few days for another wrap.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.