Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vandalised Battery Pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why? Because the SC and an independent alignment shop both couldn't get the alignment right on my M3, so I had to do it myself. Found some the dreaded loose suspension bolts that the SC missed too. I just changed the suspension to MPP because the stock ride was so low quality with the springs and shocks Tesla choose for this car. More like, why not??
Read the thread - Did I miss it? The pros concluded it was tow truck jacking; but did you ever find the sentry mode footage to prove it? And maybe ID the tow truck co.?

(I have a 1TB SSD drive as my sentry cam USB drive.
Unfortunately we deleted the sentry footage. So annoyed at myself. There was this one day I was visiting a friend and when I got back to the car a while later, there were 20 sentry footage events, 10 minutes each. I didn't want to sit through over 3 hours of footage so I did a thorough check of the car to make sure no one keyed it or hit it. Never did I think to look underneath. I'm really annoyed with myself over it. The first few sentrys I checked were just people walking by it very closely, some taking a look. That's really not uncommon for us - we see it all the time on sentry, just people having a look inside. It's kinda cute, especially if it's kids and they are excited and just like activating the sentry mode. I wish I had of checked further into it. We really can't figure out why it would get lifted though, we revisited all three places we parked the car in the time frame it happened, none were spaces where we'd get towed. I remember leaving this one area and this guy in a massive truck was at the end of the street, and he just glared at me. I don't remember if it was a tow truck, and I didn't think about it until the body shops said that yep it looked exactly like tow truck damage, especially because of the measurements and lateral grooves on each side. We tried to recover the deleted sentry modes from the hard drive, but its was over a month later from that date and they'd been written over.

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me at all that a tow truck driver would be careless and damage the car, then realize they did so and just put it back down and run away. They were (are) so bad in Chicago, that there's even a song about the "Lincoln Park Pirates" aka Lincoln Towing.
Yes, those A******s are back in business after their license was revoked and then reinstated by a brilliant appellate judge in January. I won't bother you with my tale, but you can be sure they are PIRATES!