Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vandalism or something that just happens?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0217BB06-AC2F-4428-A5D6-5A8BF00FF383.jpeg

Second time this week I’ve come across a public DC with an unusable plug looking like this. In both cases there was an J-1772 option next to it, and this time a DC too, so I was able to charge. But the J-1772 was slower and also I’ve charged next to others charging at one of these locations before (the one today I’ve never been to before).

View attachment 462861

Second time this week I’ve come across a public DC with an unusable plug looking like this.
In both cases there was an J-1772 option next to it, and this time a DC too,
so I was able to charge. But the J-1772 was slower and also I’ve charged next to others charging at one of these locations before
(the one today I’ve never been to before).
Providing both locations would be helpful.
Did you reported it to Tesla?

View attachment 462861

Second time this week I’ve come across a public DC with an unusable plug looking like this. In both cases there was an J-1772 option next to it, and this time a DC too, so I was able to charge. But the J-1772 was slower and also I’ve charged next to others charging at one of these locations before (the one today I’ve never been to before).

This sort of damage happens as a consequence of confrontations between ev and ice owners possibly with the local ice guy/gal coming back in the dead of night with a pickup truck and a baseball bat to even the score as he/she sees it.

Check the Plugshare checkins for that location, the historical pics may prove interesting.
A similar occurrence at a destination charger that I used 2x in the past 2 years:

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

In this case I do not think that the Town in question will replace/repair maybe they should move them to another location where parking is not such a hot commodity. A good location would probably be near the town hall or a cop shop.

Reactions: Watts_Up
View attachment 462861

The tip of the connector is damaged, likely from being left on the ground after charging and run over. That is not consistent with a bat, since the connector is not fixed in place (except if put on the ground), so it would be hard to hit and crack it. The bending of the metal pins shows heavy force was applied, not merely being struck.

Tesla Supercharger attacked as vandals drill into charging plugs, partially sever cable