Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vandalism

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've actually been wondering if there's fewer break-ins and vandalism of Teslas since TeslaCam/SentryMode has come out and people doing it getting arrested and charged and in a public way many times. I still keep my Model 3 rear seat down and my husband hasn't put back his MS parcel shelf since the rear triangular window was broken in and seat flipped. Nothing was stolen since we didn't have anything in the cargo area but don't want another repeat of the damage.

Went grocery shopping in a crowded parking lot. Heard this girl talking on her phone staring at me and my car (never seen her before) "THEY GREY ONE?" as I was waiting for a car to leave and take their spot. I was waiting my turn in proper order, nothing out of the ordinary. - I can only assume she was talking to a friend who was behind me waiting for a parking spot too.

Thought maybe I was paranoid or misheard, lingered a bit, turned on sentry cam. Went shopping for 10 minutes and came back to finger nail polish all over my passenger side window. I had a gut feeling something was up..I wish I trusted my gut more and sat there longer or faked leaving the area and coming back to catch her. Oh well, it wiped off, just wanted to share.

People suck.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
We’re new to Tesla and got our 3 late December. Even though we park it in the safest imaginable spots it’s already gotten 2 door dings. (The first came from an F250 which parked tight, even though we parked in an end spot and left half the stall open between the next stall.). In another incident, my wife was charging at the SuperCharger in Mauston WI when a pickup drives by dusting the charging Tesla’s with diesel soot. (Coaling). Is this typical? Are others seeing this? Is there ant recourse?

FYI-I will study the Sentry footage tonight to see if yesterday’s ding was recorded.