Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got these:

545bef55c38aa5080cf20871.png

The last custom plates i had was "webdev" in ~98. People never knew what it was. I'll take subtle nowadays :)

Was going for S85 in the little plates but $2K seemed steep.
I'll stick with my current HTML . I'm always in two minds to get rid of them because of the profile, but when I first got them it started as a joke - and it still makes me smile. A lot of the 'great unwashed' still have no idea.

It'll be the first car that the plates will be on, that actually uses it inside :)

Maybe I need a new 'tesla' orientated meaning but I've really got nothing - Hyper Tesla Mangrove's Lucky .... nah, I'll have to work on it.

I'll stick with my current HTML . I'm always in two minds to get rid of them because of the profile, but when I first got them it started as a joke - and it still makes me smile. A lot of the 'great unwashed' still have no idea.

It'll be the first car that the plates will be on, that actually uses it inside :)

Maybe I need a new 'tesla' orientated meaning but I've really got nothing - Hyper Tesla Mangrove's Lucky .... nah, I'll have to work on it.

:) "Web Devil?" was what I used to get.

My front-end dev mates would chuckle if I had HTML plates, CSS came in and I missed the boat. Come to think of it, being post-technical now most of my geek mates would chuckle.

Looking forward to seeing us out and about!

Matta

Yes you can, but you have to pay a storage fee of about $80 a year and nominate the RMS office to store your plates.
I got them to store the plates at the Mascot registry and will now probably have to pay to move them to Chatswood before my car is ready.

As a note for everyone, if you're ordering plates for your car in Sydney they must go to the Chatswood RMS office.

OK – confession time. I don’t think my OCD re Tesla is as bad as some on this forum but I could be wrong…..

Whilst waiting and I tried to keep some semblance of activity by playing with the Vic roads vanity registration plates site.

First up I tried TESLA – already taken. Then I tried TSLA (the stock code). As this was available I thought what the hell and bought it.

I then continued to play (I must have been after a few reds) and discovered that SLNTBD (Silent but deadly) was still available so bought this as well.

However, new neighbours have moved in – she has a number plate MMSEXY. He has a plate XTC so my family banned anything remotely “out there”, so I decided to go conservative and have bought a euro plate V EV-085.

So – I have a couple of plates for sale. If anyone is interested they can be had at cost.

Combination : TSLA
Plate Size : SLIMLINE
Font Colour : BLACK
Background Colour: WHITE
Amount : $555.00

Combination : SLNTBD
Vehicle Type : CAR
Font Colour : WHITE (REFLECTIVE)
Background Colour: IN THE NAVY

Cheers
Higgy

OK – confession time. I don’t think my OCD re Tesla is as bad as some on this forum but I could be wrong…..

Whilst waiting and I tried to keep some semblance of activity by playing with the Vic roads vanity registration plates site.

First up I tried TESLA – already taken. Then I tried TSLA (the stock code). As this was available I thought what the hell and bought it.

I then continued to play (I must have been after a few reds) and discovered that SLNTBD (Silent but deadly) was still available so bought this as well.

However, new neighbours have moved in – she has a number plate MMSEXY. He has a plate XTC so my family banned anything remotely “out there”, so I decided to go conservative and have bought a euro plate V EV-085.

So – I have a couple of plates for sale. If anyone is interested they can be had at cost.

Combination : TSLA
Font Colour : BLACK
Background Colour: WHITE

Combination : SLNTBD
Vehicle Type : CAR
Font Colour : WHITE (REFLECTIVE)
Background Colour: IN THE NAVY

Cheers