Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VARAD Scanner LED Install on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping to tap into the electrical engineers that browse this forum in the hopes that they can assist me with this. I have had this scanner LED for the longest time (since 2 cars ago) and I would love to have it installed in my M3. I am not sure which wires i would need to tap in to make this work the way I am planning. I am hoping to have the LED come on when the car locks (or Sentry Mode active) and then turn off when car is on (or Sentry mode disabled). The location for this would ideally be right behind the rear view mirror so perhaps there are some wires inside the camera housing i could use? My other thought would be to run into to the fuse box but to my understanding, Tesla's don't have a standard "fuse box" that could be used. In any case, the installation instructions can be found here: http://www.varad.com/v4/pdf/IM-SCANNERSLED.pdf. A video to see this in action (terrible music) can be found here:
As always, any and all help is greatly appreciated. If I can get this to work, i'll be sure to post a video once completed if you guys would want to see what it looks like when done. Thanks!