Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Various sensors, lighting, horntones & other addons for my S (Dadaleus' custom build)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blind spot sensor:

wwwSupercarFocuscom5_zps8193f271.jpg

It's black because apparently the blind spot sensors can't take the four-coat paint and still work properly. But really, I don't even notice it so not terribly unhappy with that. The product works great.

Would the sensors have worked if they were a foot or so lower and located in the black section of the rear bumper?

Would the sensors have worked if they were a foot or so lower and located in the black section of the rear bumper?

I looked at the install instructions for you and it says the sensors must be between 1.5' and 2.25' from the ground, so I'm guessing that wouldn't work but I'm no expert. It has to be pointed at where a car in the next lane would be, and I don't know if the road would interfere that far down.

I believe it's this product: Blind Spot Detection System #BSDS-003016 - Products

Last week my car went back under the knife with Elie's team at Al & Eds West Hollywood for a few more improvements. Noting so exciting as Ian did, but some unique things nonetheless so I thought I'd update you all with a new thread given the old title doesn't really fit anymore.
Wow! Love the mods and love your assessment and love the "verdict" at the end. Is that too much LOVE to go around? :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Off topic, but my eye is drawn to it and I made the same "mistake". When I was applying the HOV stickers, I too lined up the curve of the right side of the sticker with the curve of the wheel well.
Perfect, right? Somehow, when I stepped back, as in this picture of yours as well, it seems that the sticker is pointed up to the right. :confused:
If I were to do it over, I would have backed the sticker back to the left and then lowered the right end of the sticker down more so that the writing looks like it is aligned.

Never can be too much love Ian! See my response re the stickers in your thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Dadaleus - great work here (loved the Gallons of Light commercial too), Al & Ed's do amazing stuff, very impressive all around, the USB plugs in the back seat are a brilliant mod...

Thanks. Really wanted the USB as when the car was full on a long trip (like during filming of Gallons) and everyone was using their devices, we quickly ran into issues keeping everyone charged. I think this is going to work great.

I am in Germany now, most enjoying thing the autobahn drive with 150 mph. Elie will put the new forged wheels on my car and will post pictures when done. Now I cannot wait to be back to see all the mods Elie will have done.
Peter