Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Various Software Failures after Seat Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my drivers seat replaced on my 2020 Model 3. The tech said something about having to update the firmware which I thought was done over the air. Hooked up a laptop did his thing and everything seemed like it worked. I was already on 2021.32.21 and I've the same version so I have no clue what was updated or why that broke the $hit out of my car.

After he left I noticed my driver profile is messed up which he did mention so I fixed it. After driving and stopping a few times I noticed various issues that I've not ever encountered before:

• I can't use the app to start climate control anymore unless I'm sat in the car. If I get out close the door it won't work, open the door or get in works fine on the app. The app will allow me to open/close the windows
  • I've also got "climate keeper unavailable due to system fault" error on the climate screen, yes I've googled it.
  • Driver profile fails to switch back to Easy Access when I get out or to my profile when I get in. Brake pedal doesn't push downwards when I press on it anymore it's like the car hasn't started but it's live and will go in if drive.
  • Bluetooth disconnects the second I get out of the car and shut the door. I can't force it to reconnect unless I open the door.
I've done the obvious, Googled but haven't found anything yet with all of the above conditions. I've restarted my phone, car, deleted profile, removed paired phone from car restarted everything again. Tired with a spare phone both iOS and Android. I'm not one for coincidences all of the above worked before the firmware update and don't afterwards. It seems obviously connected. Now I've got a two week wait to hopefully fix what they broke but I'd welcome some suggestions as I kind of like having cabin overheat protection available.. it's not available either and does nothing within the options menu anymore.