TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

varying super charger speed

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Robodoc, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Robodoc

Robodoc Member

read somewhere that super charger speed might vary between the nozzles at the same station, Kooked that up because while charging as I write, speed was only 90 km/h. So I indeed moved up to the next nozzle, Guess what? Now 548 km/h !!! 6 times higher. I am familiar with this station, but never saw it before.

- - - Updated - - -

Kooked that up??? Nah.... Looked that up !

2. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

Superchargers are installed in pairs. If there is someone on the other half of your pair, you will charge much more slowly. They are usually numbered 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B and so on. If someone is using 1A, you should use either 2A or 2B

3. Robodoc

Robodoc Member

Thx, didnt know! Indeed had a neighbour in my pair and the pair I moved up to was empty. though, I have been close with neighbours before but never saw such a low rate...

4. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Stalls physically next to each other may not be logical neighbors (in fact they usually aren't). Look at the labels on the pedestals.

I really wish tesla would teach owners about supercharging at delivery. Or perhaps a pop-up READ ME on the 17" the first time you supercharge. I've explained SC pairing at least 50 times to people at the SCs.

5. bart513

bart513 Member

Glad I'm reading it now. I did my first road trip from Long Island to Delaware last Thursday for new student orientation. The supercharging definitely took longer when all the stalls were filled!Good news was that there were enough SC's between destinations to not have to worry - even in very cold weather with the heat pumping.