Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vast majority of Americans afraid of self-driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't care what any poll says now. The tide will turn so fast once FSD is out and the suckers driving old ICE cars are watching those in a Tesla read a book, taking a nap, texting or otherwise completely relaxing while they are pulling their hair out at rush hour traffic.

And guess what, you can still grab the wheel and drive when you actually want to....but I'm guessing it will turn into FSD 80% or more of the time for most drivers once it's proven safe. Maybe less on the P versions :)

I also wonder how fast the laws will change in regards to DUIs? I would hope that as long as you are not in the drivers seat and don't touch the controls, you would be allowed to have the car drive you home without penalty...

Reactions: croman
That's what is crazy. You are smart enough to not be driving, yet still get the same penalty as someone who was swerving all over the road. How does that make sense?

It depends on your intent. How did you get there? Did you leave your keys in the ignition? This becomes a lot more complicated with a car without an on off switch or ignition.

Further while the crime is similar, the punishment likely won't be.