Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VCFront _552 error and no power steering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model 3 LR

56k miles.

previous work in Pensacola Fl Tesla SC was for front control arms in 2020, 12v battery in 2021, all under warranty the rest has been great.

Yesterday got error VCFront _552 and soon after the power steering is now dead. The car drives but takes some real muscle to turn the wheel at slow speed. The SC says to tow it in for its repair date sep 26th when they can get parts in for what I presume is the VCFront module. Has anyone had this error before? And my M3 in now out of warranty. The estimate is for $719 or so but can this fall under the Battery/Driveunit warranty? I guess I’ll find out on the 26th

Just got my Model 3 back from Pensacola SC. They replaced the VC_Front module and also found a fault code in the 5-way reservoir assembly (Superbottle). I gave permission to replace both and the 1.5 hour drive home was uneventful, situation fixed it seems.

however I am wondering if a failure of the Superbottle caused the VC_Front to overheat and fail. I don’t have enough documentation or fault code abscess to try and figure it out. If the Superbottle can cause this sort of issue it would be a good idea to throw a Error light before it causes other component failure.