Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VCFRONT_a192, VCFRONT_a180, BMS_a063, BMS_a167 electrical/battery/charging/charge port error codes & issues after UMC_a017 Wall Plug Temperature alert

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I may have an answer from Tesla Service Center appointment on Monday, but wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the following scenario/scary error messages:

UMC_a017: Charge Rate Reduced - Wall Plug Temperature high
BMS_a167: Unable to charge - Charge port door must be closed to drive
BMS_a063: Unable to charge - Disconnect and retry
VCFRONT_a192: Electrical system is unable to support all features - Shutting down features to conserve energy
VCFRONT_a180: Electrical system power reduced - Vehicle may shut down unexpectedly

The situation/setup:
Have a 2018 Model 3 with Autopilot/Long Range that's been fine electrically since I got it. I was recently hit/swiped while parked, with my mirror casing popped off/damaged but able to pop back on, working fine electrically. Getting repaired next week. However yesterday, while charging at work on a normal exterior wall outlet, I find out at the end of the day that I have a bunch of UMC_a017: Charge Rate Reduced - Wall Plug Temperature high error codes. The car seems trickle charged adequately and I drive it home with no problems. This morning, I wake up, get in my Model 3 to drive to work and then WHAM get hit with a BUNCH of error codes that are super threatening. (BMS_a167: Unable to charge - Charge port door must be closed to drive, BMS_a063: Unable to charge - Disconnect and retry, VCFRONT_a192: Electrical system is unable to support all features - Shutting down features to conserve energy, VCFRONT_a180: Electrical system power reduced - Vehicle may shut down unexpectedly), and now the following things don't work:

a) AC is turned off and won't start up
b) Charge Port wont open, either by using adapter handle, car touch screen, or app, meaning I can't charge at all

What DOES work:
- Radio
- Autopilot
- Touchscreen
- All driving capabilities, including driving, stopping, lights, braking, windshield wipers, blind side camera camera view, directional lights

I'm not sure if this is some issue caused by a power stress to the 12V battery and it was burned out by a faulty outlet that also affects the charge port door now? Or possibly related to an over loaded/shorted sensor circuit from being hit in the side mirror? But does anyone have experience with this? Or should I just wait to see what the Service Center says on Monday? Luckily I have enough juice in the car to drive one more time to work (seems safe to do so, just inconvenient without AC) and make it to the Service Center on Monday. I was already bringing it in to get the Recall/Backup Camera Housing issue taken care of coincidentally, so I should get an answer soon. Mahalo for any advice on experiences with these error codes or battery/charging/overload issues you've had in the past