Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vector Maps??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know this because you've been through the process?

If you have please provide more info.

I've had 2018.12 since March 29 and no sign of the map update you mention.

People have reported how it works. After the update to 2018.12 there will be a large download, over WiFi, your MCU will reboot and display the release notes again, but this time they include information about the new, beta, navigation system.

• Informative
Reactions: Cosmacelf and Lee_B
@Jays200 You must be on WiFi to get the navigation maps download. This has nothing to do with vector maps. Navigation maps and CID maps are very different things! Navigation Maps are / will be Tesla Maps ( Maps in the IC ), Maps on the CID are Google maps and one day to be Google Maps with vector graphics which has nothing to do with the latest firmware and navigation push.

My car spends 23 hours a day on WiFi and charging from the Sun. Not literally of course but it does spend most of its time at home.

The pics below show a navigation route (root) from my house to Perth international airport. The intersection I've pictured was opened in Sept 2015, however, the blue nav route shows a left turn which was the old traffic light controlled intersection. This has obviously not been updated
20180404_205010_resized.jpg
20180404_205051_resized.jpg
20180404_205114_resizeda.jpg

Keeping in mind we drive on the left over here, the small grey (gray) bit of road with no green traffic flow is the path it should take. The car will gradually slow itself in this area because it's confused. It thinks we're "off the reservation". Yep, spent a bit of time in the USA ;)

My car spends 23 hours a day on WiFi and charging from the Sun. Not literally of course but it does spend most of its time at home.

The pics below show a navigation route (root) from my house to Perth international airport. The intersection I've pictured was opened in Sept 2015, however, the blue nav route shows a left turn which was the old traffic light controlled intersection. This has obviously not been updatedView attachment 291691 View attachment 291692 View attachment 291693

Keeping in mind we drive on the left over here, the small grey (gray) bit of road with no green traffic flow is the path it should take. The car will gradually slow itself in this area because it's confused. It thinks we're "off the reservation". Yep, spent a bit of time in the USA ;)

I hate to break this to you, but the new maps Elon is referring too is for NA only. Unless your Korea and I think one other place that @verygreen knows, but it's only for NA in regards to Elon tweets. I wouldn't hold my breath internationally.

The pics below show a navigation route (root) from my house to Perth international airport. The intersection I've pictured was opened in Sept 2015, however, the blue nav route shows a left turn which was the old traffic light controlled intersection. This has obviously not been updatedView attachment 291691 View attachment 291692 View attachment 291693

AFAIK newest Australia maps in Teslas are Q1 2015 Navigon maps. They haven't been updated since then
Europe has Q1 2017 Navigon maps and finally NA has the new 2018 Tesla maps

Last edited:
AFAIK newest Australia maps in Teslas are Q1 2015 Navigon maps. They haven't been updated since then
Europe has Q1 2017 Navigon maps and finally NA has the new 2018 Tesla maps
Therein lies the crux of the problem.
When Elon tweets that new maps are coming out this weekend etc, the WHOLE world listens and gets excited. That excitement then quickly turns to disappointment and disillusionment when people outside the USA gradually find out that almost none of what Elon tweets is ever intended to be delivered to any of his loyal foreign owners any time soon.