Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vegan seat wear and sagging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm just about to pull the trigger on ordering a 75D S and the last decision is on the seats and looking for some advice.

I was previously set on the multi pattern in large part due to cost but my wife really would prefer the "leather" option.

My concern is that even on low mileage used examples I've seen, the leather looked kind of saggy and worn out. The aren't many used examples with the vegan seats to see if they are suffering similar issues so I'd appreciate hearing any anecdotal evidence one way or the other.

Also, I'm planning to pick up some arachnid wheels if possible so if anyone in the UK is one referral away from earning some that they want to sell then I'd be very interested in doing a deal...

I have textile and couldn't be happier on my 2018 75D. Prefer them over leather any day. First non leather seats for me in a car in 20 years. They are cool in the summer, look great and will be better in the winter. Can't go wrong either way imo.

Reactions: scottrobertson
I am impressed with the cream vegan option. I have 8200 miles over almost 9 months and they look like the day a bought it. Previous cars have been leather and have all showed a few stretch marks and wrinkles by this point.

I was a little bummed at first when I found out Tesla went vegan but my experience has changed my mind.

• Informative
Reactions: jrad6515
Hi,

I'm just about to pull the trigger on ordering a 75D S and the last decision is on the seats and looking for some advice.

I was previously set on the multi pattern in large part due to cost but my wife really would prefer the "leather" option.

My concern is that even on low mileage used examples I've seen, the leather looked kind of saggy and worn out. The aren't many used examples with the vegan seats to see if they are suffering similar issues so I'd appreciate hearing any anecdotal evidence one way or the other.

Also, I'm planning to pick up some arachnid wheels if possible so if anyone in the UK is one referral away from earning some that they want to sell then I'd be very interested in doing a deal...

The black textile is amazing... very well done, and no sagging after 10 months. Highly recommend it.

I haven’t tried the other vegan options so can’t say what they’re like.

I can say that in a bmw I owned years ago, I ordered the leatherette ( vegan leather) and it wore way better - orders of magnitude better - than the leather versions I had also owned from them.

The leatherette looked like new 10 years on with no sagging - loved it!!

It got to the point where I would custom order any bmw I bought as the top model without leather which would require a factory order - as the dealers would always wonder why I would do that... but it tended to result in higher resale values and a much nicer looking interior years later with no cracking

I am impressed with the cream vegan option. I have 8200 miles over almost 9 months and they look like the day a bought it. Previous cars have been leather and have all showed a few stretch marks and wrinkles by this point.

I was a little bummed at first when I found out Tesla went vegan but my experience has changed my mind.

Thanks, that's really encouraging as I have seen some stertching on cars with just a couple of thousand miles on, which certainly hasn't been the case with BMW's I've owned in recent years

I've got the white vegan seats in my MS. It's only about 15 months now, but I drove 30k kilometers. They're like new, except for the bottom of the headrest which has a bit of color transfer from wearing dark hoodies and tshirts everyday. ;)

I've got the white vegan seats in my MS. It's only about 15 months now, but I drove 30k kilometers. They're like new, except for the bottom of the headrest which has a bit of color transfer from wearing dark hoodies and tshirts everyday. ;)

White seats is a brave choice with little kids :) Don't trust mine at all, so they'll be black either way I think

Reactions: Super Dude
White seats is a brave choice with little kids :) Don't trust mine at all, so they'll be black either way I think

Actually, the Ultra White seats are very, very easy to clean. A "Magic Eraser" type of sponge removes any marks quite quickly. They're really quite impressive.

We've got two Ultra White interiors in both of our 2017 MS's, intentionally ordered to replace to older MS's simply to reward Tesla when they shifted to GHG-reducing, cruelty-free, vegan interiors. See these sites for more details:

Facts and Sources

14 Things the Leather Industry Doesn't Want You to See

No issues, no sagging, no tearing and we LOVE them.

We even got the very rare cooled seating up front, which Tesla has FINALLY returned for 2018 (but only for the P models).

Either way, they show far, far less wear than we found in our BMW leather-ette seats, let alone any car we've ever had (purchased used) that had leather seats.

You'll be thrilled with them.

Reactions: Axael
Yeah, I've got the cooled front seats as well, and I love that feature. It's definitely not the best cooled seat ever, but it does its job quite well enough for me.

Thanks for the tip concerning the "magic eraser" sponge @TSLA Pilot , will try that on the only small color transfer I've got on my driver seat.

Be cautious using the Magic Eraser type sponges. They are abrasive and remove the protective coatings on the seat. A mild dye free dish soap (note dish soap is very different than dish detergent) on a microfiber cloth with get nearly everything out without damage.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Hi,

HI, are you still in the market for Arachnid wheels? I have a set in the UK for sale, asking £3500.