Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Veganism/Leather etc. out of Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably devoid of nutrition and full of lectins and endocrine disruptors...
You post was certainly devoid of facts.
Ingredient list:
Water, Textured Wheat Protein, Coconut Oil, Potato Protein, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Leghemoglobin (Soy), Yeast Extract, Salt, Konjac Gum, Xanthan Gum, Soy Protein Isolate, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Zinc, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

You post was certainly devoid of facts.
Ingredient list:
Water, Textured Wheat Protein, Coconut Oil, Potato Protein, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Leghemoglobin (Soy), Yeast Extract, Salt, Konjac Gum, Xanthan Gum, Soy Protein Isolate, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Zinc, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.
Wheat, potatoes, and soy. No thanks. The only thing good in there is coconut oil.

• Love
Reactions: renim
Wheat, potatoes, and soy. No thanks. The only thing good in there is coconut oil.

That’s actually the old recipe. The new version:

93328605-B766-4E07-910F-493127D32342.jpeg

Reactions: AWDtsla
The impossible burger and beyond meat burger are super good. Indistinguishable from a regular burger once you dress it up like a whopper or what not.

I'm not vegan but there is a serious problem with how meat is produced in the world right now. It's incredibly unsustainable for how much emissions and pollution it puts out into the world.

I'm all for welcoming companies like Beyond Meat or Impossible. I'm also all for things like lab-grown steaks, that can be made for like 1/100th the amount of water of a regular steak and without torturing a sentient being.

Reactions: JRP3 and commasign
I'm not vegan but there is a serious problem with how meat is produced in the world right now. It's incredibly unsustainable for how much emissions and pollution it puts out into the world.

...and what's the impact from us mass farming crops with the use of nitrogen fertilizer that requires fossils fuels to produce? Smarter people than I have been concerned about this, but I haven't seen a scientific analysis for it. Unlike spreading information/misinformation that can make meat look bad, there are even larger political pressures against showing data that our entire food chain is suspect. Seems I will just have to do the raw analysis myself, whenever I get the time.

Fat is mostly flavorless, which is why even on a seasoned steak most people will leave the big chunks of fat behind when eating.

LOL how absurd! Try tasting a chunk of fat sometimes. It's sweet. You can make coffee sweet with just fat. Why do you think non-fat yogurt is loaded with sugar? Because they had to replace the naturally sweet dairy fat with what is basically just poison, about equivalent to alcohol for your liver.

Reactions: renim
Electric cars are creepy too. No engine noise, no exhaust, and they apparently can drive themselves. Weird.

electric cars are far more normal than gasoline cars, its just that car technology followed the combustion engine path.

fake meats will be a market success, at the cost of human health.
just like margarine, and refined sugar, and industrialized seed oils...

Parkinsonism Develops in Animals Given Herbicide and Lectins at Low Dose, Study Reports

lets put this in context, the combination of a leaky gut and green pea lectins is a known agent to cause parkinsons disease.
hmmm gluten and pea protein, what type of products will encourage the excessive use of those???

https://www.researchgate.net/public...s_a_Potential_Etiology_of_Parkinson's_Disease

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ana.24448

Last edited:
...and what's the impact from us mass farming crops with the use of nitrogen fertilizer that requires fossils fuels to produce? Smarter people than I have been concerned about this, but I haven't seen a scientific analysis for it. Unlike spreading information/misinformation that can make meat look bad, there are even larger political pressures against showing data that our entire food chain is suspect. Seems I will just have to do the raw analysis myself, whenever I get the time.

It's terrible dude. They are also cutting down the rainforest to grow commodity crops like Soy, to feed all the factory farmed cattle which eventually humans eat.

Also why I am 100% for smaller, organic farms and even better, vertical farming practices.