TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vegas to Sedona in late April

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by Zroiron, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

I'm trying to schedule a surprise birthday trip for my wife to Sedona from Vegas. I know there are superchargers at Kingman and Flagstaff, but I am having a little trouble locating a hotel in Sedona that EV friendly. Has anyone had any experience of knowledge of what's available for reasonable lodging and EV hookups?

2. clintons

clintons Member

3. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Yeah, I stayed at Sedona Rouge, nice hotel with a NEMA 14-50. Only one, but the UMC could probably reach to two other spaces if that one is ICEd. I had no trouble charging either night I was there.

4. irishstoutaz

irishstoutaz Member

We also have used the Sedona Rouge (just paid $5 as we weren't staying there...). We were told by the Enchantment Resort staff that they can set up a 14-50 but definitely confirm before you get there. Other than that we have not found any places.

5. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

I stayed at the Sedona Rouge a couple of weeks ago. The 14-50 there worked wonderfully. The staff is very pleasant, you get free happy hour appetizers, and a way better than average breakfast with the room.

The only ever so slight annoyance that I had was that my 40A charge rate was reduced to 30A sometime in the evening. Before I went to bed, I went out to the car, unplugged the car and the UMC, closed the charge port, and started over. After that, it continued charging at 40A. With the overnight charge, I could have done fine with 30A, but I decided to see if it would happen again. My theory is that some other electrical activity at the hotel or in the neighborhood triggered the current reduction.

It is a little pricey for some, but except for that, I would recommend the Sedona Rouge without qualification. Although I did not use it, the Spa at the hotel might be a great birthday present for your wife. As always call ahead to verify the status of the charge location.

Sedona-sm.jpeg

6. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

thanks Cottonwood!