Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle Alert Code TR/104 (00004000)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ShawnA

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2017
Edwardsburg, MI
Hi All,

My OVMS3 has been reporting a few Vehicle Alert Code TR/104 (00004000) every few weeks.
It is alone in a pole barn garage charging with the Mobile Charger connected to a 14-50 outlet at 240 Volts 30 Amps.

From what I see in the references here in TMC is a blank in the major column and
TCM: Lost DMC comms in the minor column.

TR/103 and TR/105 are both Parking System Service Required...

It would make sense that TR/104 would be the same...

The Roadster is in Park with the Parking brake applied.

Any ideas???

Thank You,

Shawn

{big shrug}

All I can tell you is that I get them all the time. Also seen 3001. Usually happens when the car wakes up, for example to start a top-off charge. I get them several times a month, sometimes a few times in a week. No obvious pattern; never seems to be a problem. Looking back in the logs, it's been happening for years.

I figure it's just a little groggy, waking up a little slower than the software wanted.

Reactions: drewski
It would make sense that TR/104 would be the same...

The Roadster is in Park with the Parking brake applied.

Any ideas???

I believe gregd is on to something. The CAN communications for the TCM pass through the PEM—where the DMC resides. Therefore, unless you see an error in communication from the DMC, error ID: 992, or from the VMS, error ID: 61, then the problem is likely due to the DMC booting slower than normal from the perspective of the TCM.