Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle configuration update pending?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D

DM206433

So this morning my car wouldn't 'wake up' just by using the Tesla mobile app, so went down to the car to see what was going on.

Car woke up fine once I got into it, with the following notification message:

IMG_6878 - Copy.jpeg

Has anyone seen this before? If so, what does it do? My car is still running 2021.44.30 with no available update to the slightly newer revision thats out - which is fine - but wondered what this config update did, mainly out of curiosity.

I had the same notification earlier today. Did a soft reboot. Went to work, when I came to car again the same is shown again.

Not going to worry about it as no doubt it will sort itself out in due course!

At the same time I also got an eCall emergency call requires service, but that seems to have gone with the rebooting

Reactions: DM206433
That does not seem quite right, as I have had it happen twice so far today. Each time when I went to start a new journey.

Each time the alert was shown in the list of notifications. So no change or config update must have happened.

I suspect you’re right about a carrier update or eSIM update maybe. I also had no signal/data for about 15 minutes into a drive this evening and then it kicked into life.

Update: It seems to have gone away yesterday as all drives yesterday did not show anything. No longer showing as an active notification. The car did the latest software update last night as well. No sign of any notification for anything today.

Self-adjusting glitch after all then!

This normally means they made a change to the configuration of the car in my case this showed up when they activated the rear heated seats on my standard range , they normally dnt tell you want changed you have to poke around

Could be boombox change pushed and not a full update. Which BTW, mine showed it was ready this morning 44.5, then wen to update, said preparing, now it vanished. So once again something is amiss at Tesla and they jerk around the updates with issues.