TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vehicle delivery to home

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kellogg76, Jun 2, 2018.

1. kellogg76

kellogg76 Member

Has anyone had their vehicle delivered to them due to being far from a delivery centre? If so how long did you have to wait?

My vehicle is in Montreal now and I have all the documents ready but so far have had no communication as to when it'll be shipped here to NS.

If Tesla wanted to pay for a rental i'd come and collect it :D

2. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

E9C873C1-E49C-4221-A9E9-7189583024F3.jpeg My X took a couple days for inspections and delivery. Just be ready, my X arrived at 9pm, and it was interesting getting him parked so he could unload. :D

Edit: oh, they might not bring it to your door if the spacing is tight. The transport company that Tesla uses has a depot between Nootka Ave and Fernhill Dr on Windmill road in Dartmouth just past Burnside Industrial Park.

3. kellogg76

kellogg76 Member

That's encouraging, I was worried it might sit there for a few weeks until there are more vehicles to bring this way.
    The last few weeks wait are agonizing. The first two years seemed to fly by in comparison.

4. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

Don’t worry, I’ll wager they want it off their lot in a hurry, they’re gonna need the space REAL fast! :D

5. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

Now that I think about it, there were two X’s and mine (when it’s ready) slated to head this way from Montreal. I wonder if they’re gonna try to bundle them all together on one truck with your 3.

Makes the most sense cost wise, the only fly in the ointment is if mine’ll be ready in time.

6. kellogg76

kellogg76 Member

That makes the most sense from a business perspective. Let's hope your X is ready soon for both our sakes.

7. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

It’s all gonna depend on when the parts come in. Not exactly Tesla’s strong suit.
    I have a hunch your 3 will be arriving late next week, but that’s just me guessing.