TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Vehicle Emissions and Cost Calculator

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by NotTarts, Dec 15, 2012.

1. NotTarts

NotTarts Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Not sure if this is the right forum?

Vehicle Emissions and Cost Calculator

This is a little tool I whipped up a while ago when the Model S EPA numbers were first released to compare vehicles in regards to how much they'd cost you to drive 100km, the amount of CO2 released in that same period of time, and the total fuel costs over 5 years. I've added a whole bunch of vehicle (using the EPA figures), electricity cost, and grid efficiency presets that you can toggle between. There's only US and Australia right now as I've got no idea where to find the European numbers, but it's super easy to input your own values. Metric only at the moment.

Overall it's pretty similar to what you'd find at but a lot easier to use. It's a bit out of date as it's several months old (I never got around to adding half the US grids) but you might find it useful/interesting regardless :)
  2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Oct 7, 2011
    Portland, Maine, USA
    @NotTarts: it would help us luddites in the US if the units shifted to gallons.