Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle inspection in DFW area (TX)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

arcus

Aug 11, 2017
Denton, TX
Hi guys,

Could not find anything specific to North Texas, so here it goes.

My sticker is due for renewal soon and I have to arrange for a vehicle inspection. Do you have a place that you can recommend?

I've heard some "fun" stories about checking for missing engine in front or tailpipes, so just want to make sure the place is familiar with Tesla. Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem these days with so many Teslas in DFW. I go to a car wash for the inspection. When I went to an independent repair shop for the inspection they had a crappy attitude once I told them the car is electric since there would be no upsell oil change.

Take the car to your usual place. Ask if they have done an inspection on a Tesla before. If no, leave and try another place. If yes, ask how many to see if they are telling the truth, and if comfortable, go ahead. I took both my electrics to a larger local shop and had no problems. Nice thing is that the inspection is less than $10 because there is no emissions test.

Reactions: arcus
Take the car to your usual place. Ask if they have done an inspection on a Tesla before. If no, leave and try another place. If yes, ask how many to see if they are telling the truth, and if comfortable, go ahead.
That is my primary and only concern - if they have experience handling EVs. Last thing I want is another news about "Tesla accelerated by itself into a garage wall" :)

I have been going to the local Lexus Dealer Service Department for the last four years. Saturday mornings they have complimentary breakfast, and they wash the car too.
Thanks go to the unknown Model S Owner who gave me this tip at the Austin showroom when I was deciding on color.

Reactions: arcus