Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle Not Waking Up, Deep Sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've recently had my Model 3 (2021) go into a "deep sleep" and not wake up unless it was plugged into the charger (happened twice). The car could be put into drive to operate but the screen and other functions would not work. It would also not connect to the app when in this state.

After being plugged in the cars screen would start up with the Tesla log like after a reboot.

Was in the service center for other issues and mentioned this, but didn't find an issue.

Anyone else experiencing this or have an idea what the issue or possible fix could be?

Thanks!

Yeah, but not identical to your experience. The app doesn't connect to the car, and even pressing the button on the cable doesn't open the port. But after opening a door, car wakes up, and everything goes back to normal. Having said that, the other day was having the same issue, and I left the cable button pressed, and after about a second, the car woke up and opened the charge port, and all was normal. It looks like the car doesn't really wants to be bothered. Ha ha. I didn't consider that an issue, but an idiosyncrasy. But will follow this thread to see if that's the case :).

My 2012 MS back from Service Center with fresh 90kw battery replacement sat in garage for a week or more. So I went out to start it up and it was dead like never before. Tried 2x or more to reboot screen etc. Got out and opened and shut the doors and frunk - all worked fine. Finally the main screen came to life; the dash had always been partially working. Wow, that was a deeep sleeep!! I'm assuming that if I had to drive off to work each day, which I don't, that this would not take like 5 min each launch. Tesla is really fine tuning and saving KWHs.
-

Yeah, but not identical to your experience. The app doesn't connect to the car, and even pressing the button on the cable doesn't open the port. But after opening a door, car wakes up, and everything goes back to normal. Having said that, the other day was having the same issue, and I left the cable button pressed, and after about a second, the car woke up and opened the charge port, and all was normal. It looks like the car doesn't really wants to be bothered. Ha ha. I didn't consider that an issue, but an idiosyncrasy. But will follow this thread to see if that's the case :).

We have also had the issue with the charger door not popping when the charge handle button is pressed. Opening the car door would wake up the car allowing the charge handle button to work again. Just wish opening the door opening in these instances would wake up the car. I would hate to be stranded with a car stuck in sleep.

Having similar issues here, particular during the pandemic when I only drive on the weekend. Plug my car in on Sunday evening and by Wednesday, the car won’t connect to the app and won’t even light up for me when I wake up to it. It takes opening the door for everything to light back up and for the app to re-connect. Deep sleep is good for protecting against phantom drain, I guess.