Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle power goes off while in park and talking on the phone via Bluetooth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spend a fair about of time making phone calls from the car while parked and charging and after anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes into a call, the car will suddenly loose power (screen goes black, interior lights turn off etc...). The car either then re-boots and/or I have to put the car in park again and/or engage in drive to get the power to come back on and then re-pair the phone previously connected phone via Bluetooth (which sometimes will not pair right away in which case I have to switch to using the phones built in speaker). Have had this issue consistently since purchasing the vehicle in March. Has anyone else run into this? Current Software version is 10.2 (2021.36.8). iOS 15.1 iPhone 11 Pro Max. Did a quick search on the forum and couldn't find anything.

Are you sure you had to do all that? I've had that happen before... All I had to do was push the brake pedal... Or open the door and close it again. I think it was just the car going to sleep... Whenever I take a call inside the car, and I know I'll be a while, I'll just put the car in camp mode...

• Informative
Reactions: tbwnm
Ok, thanks for the tip. I’ll use Camp Mode from now on. However, seems like this is a bug that should be fixed so that if your sitting in the car with your phone key connected and your on the phone the car should not put itself sleep. Also, timing of when the vehicle goes to sleep is not consistent.