TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vehicle Purchase Agreement Posted to My.Tesla?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by asudan, Nov 17, 2015.

1. asudan

asudan Member

My DS Said the the "Vehicle Purchase Agreement" would be posted to "My Tesla" today. I can login without any problems but I have no idea where to find this document and I understand I need to send it to Alliant to finalize my financing.

Does anyone know where to find this on My.Tesla?

Second question - once I get this document, I assume it will have my total loan amount, how much tax I owe, etc, right? Will my bank THEN send a check to Tesla and does that payment have to land at Tesla HQ before they will load my MS on a truck?

Thanks in advance. If you cannot tell I'm getting pretty antsy.

2. green1

green1 Active Member

If you scroll down a bit in the "my tesla" page you'll find a section titled "documents" with three tabs on the left, the first tab is labelled "my documents" and on the right side you should see "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement"
    That document includes the final price sheet, and all the other paperwork you need, it's the bill of sale.

I didn't finance my car, so I can't help you with the second part. However I can tell you that Tesla started shipping my car before payment was finalized, in fact it arrived and they found a place to store it in my city for 2 days until I could get them the money and then released it to me.

3. andyaycw

andyaycw Member

I can chime in here as I financed my Model S. Of course, it may vary depending on the lender, but for me, the only two things my lender required (Schools First Federal Credit Union) were (1) a copy of the fully executed Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (this is the document that shows what you owe, taxes, tags, registration fees, etc.), and (2) proof that you have made your portion of the down payment. After I gave them these two items, they were able to provide me with a check which I then handed to Tesla when I took delivery of the vehicle.

There won't be any delays if you do not make payment to Tesla. They have your $2500 deposit already that gets the ball rolling as far as sourcing parts to build the car. However, they won't let you drive away with the car until they have all the funds.

4. asudan

asudan Member

Thank you both. I'll check with my DS as this document is not listed on the my documents section.

5. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

I have documents missing from mine as well, I got them as email attachments from my DS after asking. Between that and no change in status for going on the 5th week now, the website doesn't seem very useful. Sad state of affairs.