TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vehicle Registration Colorado

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by sworth80, Jul 17, 2013.

1. sworth80

sworth80 New Member

Hey Guys, I am about to put in an order for the Model S on Saturday. One thing that's unclear to me is how much the vehicle registration is going to be. I live in Colorado and I know part of our registration is based on vehicle value...so I expect it will be high. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks!

2. Elshout

Elshout Member

Answer is simple, call your local Colorado DMV office, they will tell you immediately.

3. GlennAlanBerry

Colorado is a little different. Tesla will collect the State sales tax when you pickup your Model S. You will have to pay the county, city, and possibly RTD sales tax, plus the plate fees when you get your plate. I live in Parker, in Douglas County, so it was very painful...

4. sworth80

sworth80 New Member

Thanks Glenn. That answers my question. Thank you.

5. huntjo

huntjo Member

Yeah it was a lot but I don't recall the amount. I remember that there is a 1% credit card fee and since that alone was a **** ton of money I came back a different day when I had my checkbook.

P.s. we'll have to have a little play date for our vehicles once yours arrives!

6. evp

evp Nerd

$1672.49 in Jefferson County.