Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle Registration plus title

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm fortunate enough to have paid for my vehicle up front. Has anyone else who has done so received the title yet? Also, I thought that by now (picked up the car 7/25) the vehicle would have shown up in the DMV database within my account, which it does not.

Just looking for feedback as getting a live person on the phone at both Tesla/DMV will probably take much longer!

Last edited:
I just called the DMV. Only reason I haven't received anything was because Tesla hasn't submit anything in yet. Awesome.
Moral of the story: call Tesla to confirm they've submitted all necessary paperworks. Yes, Tesla has managed to butcher that simple task.

I just called the DMV. Only reason I haven't received anything was because Tesla hasn't submit anything in yet. Awesome.
Moral of the story: call Tesla to confirm they've submitted all necessary paperworks. Yes, Tesla has managed to butcher that simple task.

That's not normal. I took delivery around the same time at the Fremont factory. Title took ~4 weeks and plates came 1 week after.

Helpful comments thus far - looks like a few more weeks for the title is normal. Coincidentally I got a permanent tag right day of delivery (I did not transfer tags from my last car). Not sure how that works over temp tags here in VA, but I didn't ask any questions. I'll give everything a few more weeks.