Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle shut down while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After normal startup this morning, less than one mile into a drive, all of a sudden I got warnings: "Automatic braking disabled/front motor disabled/unable to drive". Stopped (no choice). Both screens working, but car would not move. Tried soft reboot - no help. Contacted roadside service. Promptly received message from Mariel - was asked to disconnect all USB items and try rebooting again. After reboot, same warnings and car wouldn't budge. Mariel asked for more information to set up a tow. Asked if I could try a hard restart. I was asked to adjust the tire size, which would result in another reboot. I changed size from 20" to 19", and reboot occurred. FIXED PROBLEMS, after which car drove normally with no warnings or anomalies on display. I have no idea what caused the problems - I must admit this is the first time in 7K+ miles I have had a driving problem. Has anyone experienced such a problem?
Cheers!
2020 X 100D

• Informative
Reactions: Fulkth
Just had the same issue with my Model X 100d 2017 (mcu2).

I did reboot the the two steering wheel without succes.

I did place a call to Tesla hsing the app. While texting (sms) with the Tesla rep, the car was back working. Tesla rep told me he did nothing.

Was running on 2021.44.25.2

I recommend taking it into the service center to get checked. Without knowing what caused it you have no idea if / when it’ll come back. You don’t want to be on a road trip or in a dangerous area where you can’t safely pull over and have it suddenly happen again.