Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle shutting down - PULL OVER SAFELY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that's new... They must be working on it...

Screenshot_20200827-134000__01.jpg

This is purely an observation based on posts in this forum, but it seems a lot of the M3's that end up with major breakdowns/failures all seem to be LR models, usually in Black (not that colour would have anything to do with it... just an observation!)

Not scientific at all, but as somebody about to order a Black LR, I'm more anxious than excited! :D

Yeah that sucks as the next action is a good customer experience I.e. fast fix. This is a classic behaviour of a company that doesn’t have enough confidence/experience in a volume situation, or that doesn’t put value on transparent comms.

Although you could argue “no ETA” is highly transparent if you read that as “we don’t know” :D

Reactions: Fraank
Well the saga continues... Tesla have no means of getting my car back to me :mad: and can't seem to offer any solutions to this problem apart from come get your car.

It's not my fault this broke down 100's of miles away from me, why are they making this my problem. Its at times like these I wish I was on twitter and FB so that I can moan at them on a more public platform. FFS

Fleet company trying to see if they can do anything, but they are also struggling.

More phone calls, more time wasted

Well the saga continues... Tesla have no means of getting my car back to me :mad: and can't seem to offer any solutions to this problem apart from come get your car.

It's not my fault this broke down 100's of miles away from me, why are they making this my problem. Its at times like these I wish I was on twitter and FB so that I can moan at them on a more public platform. FFS

Fleet company trying to see if they can do anything, but they are also struggling.

More phone calls, more time wasted

Have they not even offered to cover the cost of an Uber... or Train ticket? (Not that you want to be using Public Transport right now)

Nadda, just left me hanging. Next call I'll get shirty

I recall a YouTuber (TeslaDriver I think) had a similar issue when his M3 broke down somewhere in Europe - he mentioned they also wanted him to pick it up from a SC in Geneva(!) until he reminded them he was heading back to the UK. He had to get shirty with them before they finally managed to reunite the car with him...