Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle shutting down warning [bad drive unit]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here is the update on what caused our problem. According to the Tesla technician the front motor inverter failed and had to be replaced. This is the unit that converts battery power for the electric motor’s use. The impressive part of this experience was that Tesla worked on our car Saturday and Sunday so we could pick it up Monday.
Hi there have you had any issues since. I have 2022 MYP and is shut down after only 19 days and around 800 miles. The service center replaced the inverter on the front drive unit which took 22 days mostly waiting for the part! We got it back and literally 19 days later and around 600-700 miles another complete shut down. Same warning signs I told them I know it’s the drive unit you guys need to replace it. I’m getting the whole it hasn’t been diagnosed yet. I need them to fix this car right, I’m hesitant to drive it.

We have not had any issues yet. We actually got our nerve up enough to go on a 187 mile trip. We did not experience anything unusual. Sorry to hear you had a repeat of the same problem. We suspect they have a supplier quality issue that has allowed a few bad units to get through into production and spares (in your case).