Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle Systems are Powering Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WTF?!? It stayed like this for 15 minutes. Called Tesla Service Center. Ran through the reboot with the steering wheel and the shutdown under the service button. Also did all this after removing my USB stick with music. They had no answer. I tried it with a key card and then it also gave me a “Can’t maintain vehicle power. Vehicle may quit driving or shut down”. The message went away, the air conditioning almost kicked on then it went back to “System Powering Up”. They told me to let it sleep for an hour or two then try again. If it doesn’t work, they’ll tow it to a SC and give me a loaner. I GOT SH*T TO DO! ARGHHHH!!!

Firmware - 2018.21.9
No update messages

Charge - 230 miles. Won’t accept the charging cable either.

Last driven - 15 hrs ago. Parked in my garage. 90 degrees.

Any ideas?

FINALLY!!! :mad:

I charged the 12v battery and after a reboot, valet, reboot, personal profile, brake, open door, close door, scream, reboot, valet, open door, kick dog, apologize to dog, give dog a treat, cry, close door, reboot, personal profile...

the car has re-engaged and returned to normal including charging its own stupid little battery.

p.s. I didn’t really kick my dog. o_O

FINALLY!!! :mad:

I charged the 12v battery and after a reboot, valet, reboot, personal profile, brake, open door, close door, scream, reboot, valet, open door, kick dog, apologize to dog, give dog a treat, cry, close door, reboot, personal profile...

the car has re-engaged and returned to normal including charging its own stupid little battery.

p.s. I didn’t really kick my dog. o_O
I would still schedule a service appointment. Either your 12v is already bad or the car is having issues charging it properly. Either way, service should take care of it.

Reactions: xpitxbullx
E485BA88-B793-4162-B37E-14B0DFAD3AE7.jpeg

This happened to me too about a week ago.
Got in car and got the "Vehicle Systems are Powering Up" message. After 10 seconds or so I got the “Can’t maintain vehicle power. Vehicle may quit driving or shut down” message. Screen then went black and the A/C did some weird stuff.

After about 30 seconds, the screen came back up and everything started fine. I called Tesla and they said that my battery is fine (seems that is the message you will get when your 12V battery is low) and that they think the car got stuck in a start up loop.
Basically it's a software bug.

He forwarded the info to the software guys.

I haven't had the issue again, but will let you guys know if it happens.

• Informative
Reactions: UZJedi and nvx1977
I got it back from the SC. A connector wasn’t snapped completely while they were building the car. It slowly came loose. They snapped it back together, checked all of the other connectors and it’s running perfectly again.

Simple error on the assembly line.

Reactions: UZJedi
Happening to me now, I'm stuck in parking lot at work on hold after first set of resets did nothing. It's 100deg out and I'm dying.
This is day 2 driving my car
charging stopped midway last night but I figured it was update? Had the weird car needs service message too but all was fine this morning so I figured update fixed everything and came to work.

Happening to me now, I'm stuck in parking lot at work on hold after first set of resets did nothing. It's 100deg out and I'm dying.
This is day 2 driving my car
charging stopped midway last night but I figured it was update? Had the weird car needs service message too but all was fine this morning so I figured update fixed everything and came to work.

Tell SC to come get the car now and have a loaner ready immediately. They are pretty good about that. Hope it’s a simple fix. Mine has been golden after they fixed it the first time.

Tell SC to come get the car now and have a loaner ready immediately. They are pretty good about that. Hope it’s a simple fix. Mine has been golden after they fixed it the first time.

Yeah, finally heard back today that it was a connector failure on harness. They are hoping to get it back to me tomorrow, which means < 1 week down time. And they gave me a P85 as loaner, so we haven't had to miss out on the fun driving while we wait.
That's so good to hear that you haven't had any other issues, crossing my fingers!

Reactions: xpitxbullx