TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vehicle Tracking System

Discussion in 'Model S' started by drbradfo, Dec 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. drbradfo

drbradfo Member

I'm filling out the information for insurance with USAA and I clicked to modify the safety equipement list just to see what the options where...

the first question was "Does your vehicle have a vehicle tracking system?".

They have demo'ed vehicle tracking on the iphone app, so I can answer YES?

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they're asking about a system that the police can use to track a stolen car. I get a break because I have OnStar and police can not only track the car, they can slow it down and stop it once they catch up with it.

There are after-market systems available that can track and report a stolen car's location.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I said yes with USAA on the tracking.

4. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Seems to me that's a totally truthful answer.

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Yeah. We know Tesla can track the car and it is likely the iPhone app will do the same.

6. ViperDoc

ViperDoc Roadster 1305

Tesla confirmed that they can track your car if the police need that, so the answer is "Yes."