Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VehicleLogs file name year shows 2001 and 2002

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last VehicleLogs file that I pulled with the correct year was 202009190502.tar
Since then, I'm seeing file names like 200103161832.tar and 200208092332.tar
Is this a permanent error in the Linux system running internally, or is it a matter of setting the date?
I've read on this forum about updates to the log parser, but I'm talking about the file name, which is set by the car when it writes the log to the USB drive.

I see that I don't have the latest firmware (4.7.2? ... I have 4.6.8), so I'm in the process of scheduling a firmware update at the local service center.
On a related note, does anyone know whether the latest firmware puts the correct year in the filename, or is the the problem unrelated to firmware revision?

Thanks for mentioning that. I'd been assuming that the date on the VDS was correct simply because the time is correct, but I checked today and the year is 2002 on the VDS as well.
I've been trying to get an appointment with Tesla Service, so I'll make sure to mention all of this. I'm sure they can set it straight.

Thanks for mentioning that. I'd been assuming that the date on the VDS was correct simply because the time is correct, but I checked today and the year is 2002 on the VDS as well.
I've been trying to get an appointment with Tesla Service, so I'll make sure to mention all of this. I'm sure they can set it straight.
You’ll need the GPS firmware update. If you look at the link in this post it walks you thru what needs to be done. Tesla charges about 350 for the GPS update or you can do it yourself by borrowing one of the ones we have made available to the group. Takes about 10 mins to do the update if your so inclined.

Reactions: gregd and Nvbob