Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicles Collection Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hopefully expecting to be informed my M3P is available for collection (leased through Leaseplan) soon. I was just wondering what the collection options are? Are you assigned a location (Heathrow seems common), or are you given the choice of location?

What are the available collection points in the UK if so?

I'm hopefully expecting to be informed my M3P is available for collection (leased through Leaseplan) soon. I was just wondering what the collection options are? Are you assigned a location (Heathrow seems common), or are you given the choice of location?

What are the available collection points in the UK if so?

I’m leasing through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts but LeasePlan is providing the finance. My Nationwide account says delivery to West Drayton, however I contacted Tesla before Christmas and asked for this to be changed to Leeds.

Ordered M3P in Sep through Select Car Leasing (via Leaseplan) Given a Reg and VIN a few weeks or so before delivery and a collection time and date of Dec 3rd in Birmingham.
When I turned up at the centre mid afternoon I was shown to my car which was (and remains) faultless. However, the Reg was different from the one I had been given although the VIN was the same.
A couple of phone calls to confirm with the Lease firm and Direct Line that the reg was different and I drove out 30 mins later.
Very friendly and helpful people at the handover.
Still makes me smile every time I look at it, drive it and wash it (too often :)

Reactions: Roy W.
I collected my car from West Drayton on 21 August, which by all accounts was an extremely busy time. I must have been lucky because we were given a fairly thorough one-on-one introduction to the car and did not feel rushed at all when checking it over. Granted I didn’t spend ages searching for issues, but my car was pretty flawless. The two slight blemishes in the paint that we found were noted before I signed the iPad acceptance. Both buffed out the following week when I had it professionally detailed. I’m not denying that some or many have been given a rush handover at WD. Just conveying my experience.

I collected my car from West Drayton on 21 August, which by all accounts was an extremely busy time.

That wasn’t my experience.

I guess day of week and point in quarter makes a big difference - both above were weekdays and not near quarters end. Day we picked up, I heard 300 cars that day, which by schoolboy maths equates to a car about every 2 minutes.

I was there one day in service centre in November having first set of problems fixed (still waiting for next lot 4+ months later) and it was a completely different story to ours.

The irony of ours was that we had already been there 6 hours as they had lost our car - they gave us a different car in the end. They then accused me of time wasting by wanting to check the jack points of the car, a 2 minute job. Some people did seem to get a better handover - I guess it depended on who was in charge of that side of the warehouse - the warehouse seemed to be split 50/50.