TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

[VENDOR]Need help on translation of charging station finder app

Discussion in 'Europe' started by hiroshiy, Jun 8, 2017.

1. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Supporting Member

Moderators, please move to appropriate section if this post is not suitable for this category. This post includes commercial communication, asking for help for a fee.

My company, Ayudante (yes, it's funny name) created and is operating a charging station finder app for Japan called EVsmart (EVsmart - it's one of the most popular in its kind), and one of my clients is asking us to produce an European version in five languages, UK EN/NL/DE/NO/SV. With the approval of the client, I would like to ask for your help on translating my app, for a small fee. We already have arranged a data source in these countries, but I plan to have a English-capable staff to receive feedback full time to improve the quality of our data.
    This app will be on AppStore and Google Play, but initially, restricted to customers of my client. After its launch, my company will also produce generic Europran version which everybody can use for download (same functionality, slightly different UI).

There are 111 sentences (phrases) to be translated. I already have an English version (did it by myself) but as you are already aware English is not my native language so in addition to NL/DE/NO/SV I also need UK-English translation (or fix). For Nowegian language, I understand Bokmål is more widely written/read, but please correct me if we should use Nynorsk instead.

If you are willing to help, could you please give me a PM with the language you can help so I can contact you. On return I will send my email address, data in Excel file, and proposed fee.

2. hiroshiy

I've got a UK English translator until now. (Thanks a lot!) So I still need Dutch, German, Norwegian and Swedish translators. I think it's going to take a few hours tops, possibly one hour to translate everything.

3. Gr8pursuit

Gr8pursuit Member

Why don't you use Google Translator.

4. hiroshiy

@Gr8pursuit , I know it works for translating news articles, but it doesn't for translating apps. Also I would like to make sure the app is intuitive and easy to understand, without any wierdness of an translated app in each country. In addition charging infrastructure is different among each country in Europe, and it is also very different from that of Japan, so I want my app to show whatever useful information for people in each country.

5. hiroshiy

Got help for EN/DE/NO. Could somebody help translating to NL (Dutch) and SV (Swedish)?

6. hiroshiy

I'm still trying to find translators for Dutch and Swedish. The app only has 113 short phrases to translate and I think it would take one or two hours tops to translate. You can use this app, too! (Small) fee will be paid. Please PM me if interested.