TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vendor recommendation for BBS or HRE

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by toxicgas, Feb 6, 2017.

1. toxicgas

toxicgas Member

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a vendor that sells HRE or BBS wheels. None of the vendors here seem to carry them except maybe Bulletproof but they don't seem to have too much activity on these forums. So hoping people that own these wheels can share where they got them.

Thanks.

• Helpful x 1
  2. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Both offer good quality wheels ... are you looking for cast or forged?

• Helpful x 1
  3. toxicgas

toxicgas Member

I'm looking for forged but my question was more about where to buy as opposed to opinions on the two brands. Although those are always welcomed as well. I think ultimately the cost will determine if for me. The HRE are ideal since they are custom. But the BBS would be cheaper and just as nice although I'd be stuck with whatever offsets they offer.

4. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

#4 FlatSix911, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  5. UnpluggedP

UnpluggedP Vendor

We're here. Bulletproof is our non Tesla division. Happy to help if I can and truthfully our BP account has not been too active here.

6. AMN

AMN Member

I use BBS SV for winter and HRE P204 for summer. Both are established manufacturers. HREs are significantly more expensive but they look like that too.

• Helpful x 1
  7. toxicgas

toxicgas Member

Would you mind sharing some photos of your car with the P204? Those and the P101 are two rims in my possibility list. Would love to see how they look on a X.

Thanks.

8. contactace

contactace Member

Those wheels are cool especially because of history but personally don't think they work well on Teslas. They look more for motorsport cars. I am currently rocking RVL Wheels Mia design and the shape fits more of the Tesla OEM but better looking imo. Also getting about a 2-3 lb saving per wheel versus 22" stock ones.
    image6.JPG

• Like x 1
  9. SPtheALIEN

SPtheALIEN Member

TAG Motorsports are what I would use if I go with HRE down in San Diego.

10. EliteFinish

EliteFinish Vendor

We at Elite Finish are also an HRE Direct Distributor. We would be happy to help answer any questions you may have. We have been able to assist a few Tesla owners in this subject. Also through our company, the wheels get a complimentary ceramic protective coating with CQuartz on all 4 wheels.

11. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

HUGE difference in HRE vs. BBS. HRE are like Rolex wheels same level as Vossen/360/ADV.1 etc... But, comes at a huge price. I would stick with one piece forged

• Helpful x 1
  12. EliteFinish

EliteFinish Vendor

I would absolutely agree with his comment. HRE has a wonderful reputation for the ability to customize to the buyers needs.