TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Venice, Fla charging

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Mknac, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Mknac

Mknac Member

I am planning a trip from DC to Venice, FL to visit my parents. Using SCs to get there doesn't look like an issue. But once there Venice and even Sarasota look like a charger dead zone. No SCs near by, a couple on Chargepoint and a couple destination chargers.

Can anybody local to the area tell me about a0places I might be able to charge?

2. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    There are lots of options. The Florida Tesla Owners is a good place to find what you need. The Founder lives near Sarasota, and there are lots of Tesla owners throughout the area from Fort Myers to Tampa. (there is a link at the bottom of my data, plus their own site here:
    Florida Tesla Enthusiasts - Home
    this is a list of Florida hotels with charging stations: Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations
    There is also a Florida Tesla Owners charging network which is restricted to members. Joining this club will help you find the charging options you need. We are an enthusiastic and helpful bunch so don't worry, there are good solutions for you. Depending on your parents living situation you may have more options. Nearly all Florida gold courses do have L2 charging for golf carts and many are generous with EV drivers especially when members are involved.
    I often travel in that area and tend to use mostly hotel charging. Sharky's on the Pier in Venice pretty consistently works well. For a stay in Venice I'd probably use Sharky's while having a bite, them go to the Fort Myers Supercharger for topoff. It is in a nice Shopping mall with lots of decent food and shopping.

Soon other Florida tesla drivers will chime in. You might want to have your post moved to the Florida Forum is others do not reply soon.

• Like x 1
  3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

4. Mknac

Mknac Member

Thanks for the information.