TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vent Setting?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Todd Burch, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Either I'm dense and haven't figured this out over 4,000 miles of driving, or I'm just missing something:

Is there no "vent" setting? Say it's 63 degF outside and sunny, so the cabin is getting a little warm. I don't want to run the A/C, but would rather just vent some of the cooler outside air into the cabin to save on energy usage. Is this possible?

I can't seem to figure out how to just vent the car.

Edit: While typing this, it occurred to me that I could turn A/C off and the temperature to LO. Is that equivalent to a vent setting on other cars?

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

That'll do it; make sure you don't have recirculation turned on. If you've got the pano roof it has a vent position, too.

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Huh? :confused:

(Couldn't resist...)

4. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Yup, that's what I do...Turn off AC, set the flow to outside air, the vents can stay on auto or however you like and the fan whereever you like.

5. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

You must also set temps on both sides to "LO" or there is potential for the heater to turn on.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Good point, though typically I only do the vent if the cabin temp is higher than ambient temp.

7. toto_48313

toto_48313 CAN P #5

It will be great to have a display of the interior temperature somewhere (other than phone apps) in order to help the manual settings as we can know the car reference for the climate control.

8. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

OK, so this is clearly too many steps to initiate a vent setting. There's room for improvement here. A single button to toggle vent mode would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me rephrase that. Suppose it's 95 degF outside, 95% humidity, and sunny--and the cabin is starting to get a little warm... :biggrin: