Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vent Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Darn... that is a concern I had expressed to Joost DeVries in my email exchange with him about the vent upgrade, and he was quite adamant that the fix is simple and should not cause new rattles...

I may wait before getting it done now, I already have to deal with the pano roof squeaks.

Since this sems to be more than a coincidence, please keep us up to date on its resolution. I may give Joost a follow up if indicated.

It's odd that there is a rattle... I've had my touchscreen replaced, which surely involved more surgery than the vent replacement, and it didn't cause any problems. Anyway I do find the rattle rather irritating, especially on bumpy roads.

I just picked up my baby from the Laval service center yesterday. Had my 21" grays put on and had the vent upgrade done. The vents blend nicely with the flat dash surface and aren't imposing at all. I haven't had the weather to test weather they actually work or not, but I'll put my faith in Tesla engineers that they do.

I haven't noticed any rattle at all, and Montreal-area roads aren't the greatest roads around, so I guess I avoided that bug. Phew!

Incidentally, the Laval service center construction is coming along nicely, and Greg told me that by next week, they will have prepped the service floor with epoxy and installed the three lifts. They are currently hand jacking and hand loosening/tightening lugs on the cars. YIKES!

The 21" grays look incredible on the black S, and Tesla was smart enough to include black lugs with the wheels so there aren't any shiny silver ones poking out from an otherwise dark area. Beautiful!

I had the vent upgrade installed on Monday and have not noticed any rattle coming from the dash. Driving after a wash and in humid weather I started to have fog build-up on the driver's side. Noticed that I had left the climate turned off and tested out the upgrade by putting it on the front defrost and the windows cleared immediately. While this is not a real test it leads me to believe that it will do the job later next winter.

Hi F, good to hear from you. I also have a rattle in the center of the dash since the update...

I am getting mine done April 10. The funny thing is I have had a rattle in the center of the dash,, just above the screen since i got the car. I was hoping that taking stuff apart for the vent upgrade would be an opportunity to get rid of this rattle by securing everything properly. Hmmmm....

I don't get it. I was called about a month ago saying the vents were in and did I want to schedule the install. I declined and asked to save a trip if they would save me one when I came in to get my snows removed. They said no problem. Then I called Monday to book and they said they were out of stock. I'm not very happy as the reason given is that they were retrofitting the production cars as they arrived. Doesn't seem fair to me. So I contacted Tesla Ownership to complain and ask the status on the HPWC, spoiler and parcel shelf. Told they are all still 2-4 weeks away. This is getting ridiculous. Feeling like second class citizens here in Canada. Lot's of U.S. customers who got their cars way after us have these items. I was told they would prioritize the vents, not convinced of that though. BTW no P85 badges in yet either. So much for the privileges of getting a Sig.

When I picked my car up a couple of weeks ago, the SC was full of the replacement vents, but mine was not retro-fitted. I was at the SC today having my UMC seen to and I asked about the new vents. I told them I wasn't in any hurry at this point in the season, and they said they would be calling customers and scheduling replacements in the weeks and months to come. As long as mine gets retro-fitted before next autumn, I'll be okay.

This US Sig hasn't received any of the above bits either (spoiler, parcel shelf, vents, P85 badging, etc), just promises that it is eventually coming with no specific dates. So it isn't just Canada getting put at the back of the line.
If I was in your shoes, I would call "about the parcel shelf" and secondarily (while on the line) ask them about the other pending parts.

I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Got my vents installed and my CF spoiler!
Car looks awesome with the spoiler and 21" wheels and tires.
No P85 badges yet though saw a car at the service centre with one on it.
Now crossing my fingers for the shelf and HPWC by month end.

Last edited: