TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ventilate seat? Really?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Simon_elf, Mar 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

#21 AnxietyRanger, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    They do not blow, they suck air. It is a more subtle technology, designed to move the moisture and heat away from you. It is not designed to be felt directly.

In Mercedes and Audis, the sucking seats are nowadays a premium option - ventilated seats are an older, cheaper technology, because they are less subtle. But people have different preferences.

• Like x 1
  2. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

The icy feel is what sucking seats are designed to avoid. Freezing your netherregions - sitting on a wet towel - is not always preferred. That's why the German premiums have been moving away from ventilated seats and into sucking seats...

Of course it would be great to have both options for those who want them.

3. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

63552948.jpg

• Funny x 3
  4. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

And it's a good move. I had the ventilated seats on my Lexus, and I'll echo that I got some pretty severe "icy nether regions." It would get like I was sitting on a couple of ice packs, and that was not at all pleasant, especially on a long trip.

What I liked about the idea of the ventilated seats was the lack of a sweaty back and rear end on a long trip (or a hot day). I never really cared about an actual "cooling" feeling.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

We were lucky enough when we ordered our MS at end of year to have the option for them and got them with our PUP. Just picked up our car and it's in for PPF so haven't used them yet. We are kind of inland hot during summers/fall so wanted this feature on leather seats. My car friend said that perf seats, like Tesla's, are meant to wick the moisture away from your body (done by the sucking air motion). It's not meant to A/C your back and legs. I personally don't like to have the AC blowing on my skin so doubt I would like the seats to freeze me either.

• Like x 3
  6. *KT*

*KT* Member

Exactly the effect i get with these seats, no sweaty feeling.
    Also agree with the post above, i like to be cool without the blowing from the AC, i always turn the vents off me. So these seats are the perfect cooling effect.

• Like x 1