Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilate seat? Really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my MX is equipped with premium package including ventilate seat. But sadly I can hardly feel it. Even if I turn it to the Max 3. Can hardly feel any air blowing. I used own a Mercedes and the ventilate seat is quite obvious. Is my seat defective?
In Southern California. You definitely want a ventilate seat.

They do not blow, they suck air. It is a more subtle technology, designed to move the moisture and heat away from you. It is not designed to be felt directly.

In Mercedes and Audis, the sucking seats are nowadays a premium option - ventilated seats are an older, cheaper technology, because they are less subtle. But people have different preferences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Mine work, but not as well as the Lexus seats which blow instead of suck. The Lexus gets icy. The x seats are sutle, like the aircon- it's not freezing but it seems to be cool and comfortable in very hot days.

The icy feel is what sucking seats are designed to avoid. Freezing your netherregions - sitting on a wet towel - is not always preferred. That's why the German premiums have been moving away from ventilated seats and into sucking seats...

Of course it would be great to have both options for those who want them.

63552948.jpg

The icy feel is what sucking seats are designed to avoid. Freezing your netherregions - sitting on a wet towel - is not always preferred. That's why the German premiums have been moving away from ventilated seats and into sucking seats...

And it's a good move. I had the ventilated seats on my Lexus, and I'll echo that I got some pretty severe "icy nether regions." It would get like I was sitting on a couple of ice packs, and that was not at all pleasant, especially on a long trip.

What I liked about the idea of the ventilated seats was the lack of a sweaty back and rear end on a long trip (or a hot day). I never really cared about an actual "cooling" feeling.

We were lucky enough when we ordered our MS at end of year to have the option for them and got them with our PUP. Just picked up our car and it's in for PPF so haven't used them yet. We are kind of inland hot during summers/fall so wanted this feature on leather seats. My car friend said that perf seats, like Tesla's, are meant to wick the moisture away from your body (done by the sucking air motion). It's not meant to A/C your back and legs. I personally don't like to have the AC blowing on my skin so doubt I would like the seats to freeze me either.

What I liked about the idea of the ventilated seats was the lack of a sweaty back and rear end on a long trip (or a hot day). I never really cared about an actual "cooling" feeling.

Exactly the effect i get with these seats, no sweaty feeling.
Also agree with the post above, i like to be cool without the blowing from the AC, i always turn the vents off me. So these seats are the perfect cooling effect.

Reactions: Vern Padgett