TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ventilated Seat air movement test

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ernies, May 27, 2016.

?

How do you feel about this?

1. Not what I expected and disappointed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Does not matter as long as there is air movement

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. ernies

ernies Member

Today I finally have my MX back and time to set up a digital manometer which measures in Pascals down to tenths of Pascals. I tested all three fan settings on the larger portion of the drivers seat. I am attaching a PDF with pictures showing the three fan settings and the pressure differentials at each speed.

The test results are 180 degrees at variance with what I expected. I think that the results I found will be indicative of all other seat ventilation systems installed. While the test was ONLY done on my car (twice with the same results), it is safe to say that all other seats will be the same. The main reason that you cannot "FEEL" air movement is that when suction is moving air away from your hand, the perception of air movement is not even close to what you would "FEEL" if the air movement were toward your hand.

Attached Files:

2. David29

David29 Member

Wrong forum, I think. Topic is X, this is an S forum....

3. Zextraterrestrial

interesting. must be part of the bioweapon defense?

4. ernies

ernies Member

5. ernies

ernies Member

Can't see how to delete?....

6. essmd

essmd Member

So it seems you are as disappointed in the effectiveness of the MX ventilated seats as I am.

Of all the items in the Premium package, that was the one thing I was looking forward to the most..plus they advertised "cool. dry air", but really it is just ambient cabin air