Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated seats alternatives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Due to a skin condition, in need of a car with ventilated seats. Been looking for the right Model X for nine months now and family car just died so I'm running out of time. I have a loaner until end of March.

I'm close to giving up hope. My Tesla salesperson convincing me the ventilated seats aren't worth the trouble and honestly it's greatly narrowed my search. Can anyone suggest alternatives? There are seat beads. I've never tried them but 1 million cabbies can't be wrong? Wooden beads does seem out of place with the spaceship look of a Model X interior.

Anyhow, desperate times. Maybe someone here has found a workable solution?

Thanks in advance.

I had ventilated seats in my 2016 Model X. They did work, but it was hard to tell unless I was really sweaty. My 2019 Model X does not have ventilated seats, but has the white vegan leather. I really didn't have any problems with the vegan seats in the summer as far as temperature goes. But with your skin condition, maybe you actually need air flow?

You can consider something like a ventilated car seat cover. I quick search on Amazon reveals many such covers. Here is a random one I picked: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EJUHDLA

Reactions: jacqueusi
I just eat beans and fart. Plenty of air-flow :D

I have a similar issue with my feet. I use Merino wool socks in summer which „breathe“ preventing sweaty feet. My summer t-shirts are not merino but do kinda of like the same which also helps me outside the car, sitting on an office chair for example (against. „sweaty back“).

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Qbenjamin
Due to a skin condition, in need of a car with ventilated seats. Been looking for the right Model X for nine months now and family car just died so I'm running out of time. I have a loaner until end of March.

I'm close to giving up hope. My Tesla salesperson convincing me the ventilated seats aren't worth the trouble and honestly it's greatly narrowed my search. Can anyone suggest alternatives? There are seat beads. I've never tried them but 1 million cabbies can't be wrong? Wooden beads does seem out of place with the spaceship look of a Model X interior.

Anyhow, desperate times. Maybe someone here has found a workable solution?

Thanks in advance.
I sent you a private message, might be interested in moving low mileage 2018 model x p100d, one of the last with ventilated seats.