Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated seats are back for performance model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The crap part is they're only available on the performance models and not even an option on the other models for purchase. That's plain annoying and stupid. I wish they were able to retrofitted too, but I gather that the wiring is probably not in place for it.
Actually I think it would probably be possible since it probably just connects to a controller on the seat and requires a software update or at most a few extra wires

Actually I think it would probably be possible since it probably just connects to a controller on the seat and requires a software update or at most a few extra wires

If I remember correctly, if the harness isn't there, it's not really possible. Of course, the next question in all of it is the cost factor. I've got a feeling it would be quite expensive to change up.

The crap part is they're only available on the performance models and not even an option on the other models for purchase. That's plain annoying and stupid. I wish they were able to retrofitted too, but I gather that the wiring is probably not in place for it.

They did this before with the new seats - limited inventory and incentive to buy P100D means they will put them there first. I'm sure they will have options for standard models soon enough.

I say Bjorn should get the new version and beat the heck out of them. He sure has killed his signature X's white ventilated seats! :D Just did another demo of how bad they look, but I think the current Ultrafabric material is really different from the original/old version. What they use in new ventilated seats is another whole question.

• Funny
Reactions: TrevTremaine
More random changes without warning o_O...Please come up with a standard update timeline or at least announce things occasionally. I am a hyper-analysis person. It drives me crazy when I miss a new feature!!:rolleyes: I guess I will continue to drive my current car until something major happens. At least they are trying to get in the ring with the German cars that are half the price, now we just need the HUD, blindspot, multimedia and top view cameras...;)

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: logan and jeffro01
I got the original ventilated seats when they first came out on the P100D. I rarely use the "ventilation" (as Bjorn showed, its more sucking than blowing of air). I just precool my car when I go shopping, gym etc. However, IMO these seats are much softer and more comfortable than the non-perf seats. The only question is durability in the long run, as they are known to rip more easily. My car only has 16,000 mi, so time will tell. Hopefully, if anything happens they will just replace my seats with the new ones :D

In other news, those black arachnids look SICK! I would definitely have gone with them in lieu of my 21" grey turbines.

I got the original ventilated seats when they first came out on the P100D. I rarely use the "ventilation" (as Bjorn showed, its more sucking than blowing of air). I just precool my car when I go shopping, gym etc. However, IMO these seats are much softer and more comfortable than the non-perf seats. The only question is durability in the long run, as they are known to rip more easily. My car only has 16,000 mi, so time will tell. Hopefully, if anything happens they will just replace my seats with the new ones :D

In other news, those black arachnids look SICK! I would definitely have gone with them in lieu of my 21" grey turbines.
The thing, we won’t know if they are ‘better’ until someone gets them as the ‘current’ Ultrafabric ‘fabric’ is a lot different than the old white seats (unventilated). What they do to ventilate the new ones, no idea. Take the same stuff and puncture it? Use thinner fabric? What will either do to durability?

All I know is that the ‘solid’ current Ultrafabric cream material is pristine after 8 months.