Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated seats coming back?

Do you want ventilated seat option back?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By pre-cooling with the smartphone app, I really haven't felt a need for having the ventilated seats during 5 Texas summers with our two Model S cars (including our new S 100D with the Ultra White seats).

I have an idea why they pulled them. The ventilated seats tend to wrinkle very soon after use. I noticed this in the vehicle we loaned overnight and it is also present in our MS P100D. I talked to the ranger that came out to fix a couple of minor issues and he said that there is no solution. Ventilated seats = wrinkles. I hope there will be a fix before my warranty expires.

Might be for leather but my ventilated white seats have held up great through first 30K miles (210lbs)....

No vented or A/C seats is a complete deal breaker in Arizona (Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley). Think about it this way, 2004 Lincoln Navigator has Air Conditioned (not just vented) seats.... a 2007 Lexus has vented seats. The fact this is a $1,290 option 10 years ago and Tesla doesn't have it for the Model 3 , S or X shows how constrained they are as a manufacturer.

100_0260.jpg

I never did care for leather seats for the very reason they are cold in the winter and hot and sticky in the summer.
IMO this is a none issue with fabric seats, which in today's cars are very durable, can look great and don't have the wrinkle issues either. Sure the S and X are luxury vehicles but for the M3 give me fabric.
No venting required.

I would want ANY seats other than my Premier 'Vegan' leather seats. After 10k they are floppy on the top and have stretch marks. I am not THAT heavy FFS. Its the only thing I am majorly disappointed with. Never had it happen on any of my other cars.